MinimServer Forum

Full Version: I'm missing something
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Minimserver was recommended to me and I have tried to set it up tonight.
It is installed on my Qnap NAS. I'm confident it is installed because when I click on it in my apps, I get the page that says:
This page was last updated at 23:04:54 on 13 Oct 2018
MinimServer 0.8.5.2 update 124, Copyright © 2012-2018 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Media server status for MinimServer[QNPMusic]: Running

And I have the 'Minimwatch' installed on my Windows 10 PC. (It took Java downloads etc - but I have restarted several times).

However, I don't seem to be able to trigger anything on the QNAP that lets me manage files in that environment. (I.e. no equivalent of QNAP's Music Station.)

And I don't seem to be able to trigger anything on my PC (i.e. by clicking the Minimwatch in my start menu) that lets me manage or play my music. (The only thing I can see lets me lok at 'Options' (Properties. Show log. About)

Can you please tell me what I am missing?
Thank you
Peter
Mmmm - I can see what I was missing was the 'Control Point'. Can you please recommend which Control point makes it easiest to manage/browse large libraries that includes lots of classical? Thank you.
It sounds like you might also have a problem with the network connection between MinimWatch and MinimServer. Is the MinimWatch icon in the system tray (lower right of your desktop) grey or green? If it is grey, take a look at this section for some suggestions.

Your choice of control point will depend on the renderer you are using to play music. Do you have a UPnP renderer? If so, which one?
Reference URL's