MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Error when launching MinimServer and MinimWatch on Ubuntu 18.04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a fresh installation og Ubuntu 18.04 (next-next-next, no special options)
When I launch MinimServer, I get error "ServerWatch: unable to create tray icon".
When I launch MinimWatch, I get error "MinimWatch: unable to create tray icon".

Is there a special thing to do or is this a bug ?

Thanks for your support

Nicolas
This is caused by a GNOME/Java incompatibilty and the only solution I have found is to install TopIcons Plus. See this post.

I will update the Linux installation instructions to explain this.

Edit: now updated.
Thanks Simon, it works.
Hi I have installed minimwatch to Ubuntu 21.04 and also TopIcons Plus. I still get "minimwatch: unable to create tray icon".
I realise there is another thread on this but I am finding it hard to unpick so I am helping you can advise me on here. Also my version of Ubuntu is newer so there may be other wrinkles.
Unfortunately this seems to break fairly often when new versions of Ubuntu are released. I will try installing 21.04 and see if I can make it work.
This is working for me on Ubuntu 21.04 with TopIcons Plus version 3.36 extension 27 installed.
(25-07-2021 15:29)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]This is working for me on Ubuntu 21.04 with TopIcons Plus version 3.36 extension 27 installed.

Thanks Simon - I will have another go at this. I have switched to windows for the moment and have working fine but I am likely posting up another question about radio stations and minimstreamer. I thought I would do through Windows as I am not so experienced in Linux and I can only cope with so much new learning....
Reference URL's