MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Accessing Music Files on Naim App
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am no longer able to stream music from my Mac to my Naim streamer using the Naim app. Previously, MinimServer was listed under 'Servers' on the app but it no longer appears.

It's been many months since I last used the Naim app and a lot has changed on my home network. It's a new Mac running 10.13.3, the firmware on my Airport Extreme has been updated, the iPad has run countless updates both on the operating system and the Naim app. I suppose any one of these changes could account for not being able to see MinimServer listed on the app.

I have installed the most recent version of Java and reinstalled MinimServer but that didn't work. The NDS is working properly as it will stream the various radio stations and can see the two Sonos Connect Media Servers.

The MinimServer properties are fine with, for example, 'contentDir' pointing to the Western Digital external HDD and 'stream.transcode' set to 'flac:wav'.

Any suggestions on what I need to do, in order to fix the issue, would be greatly appreciated.
(17-03-2018 12:20)David2350 Wrote: [ -> ]I am no longer able to stream music from my Mac to my Naim streamer using the Naim app. Previously, MinimServer was listed under 'Servers' on the app but it no longer appears.

It's been many months since I last used the Naim app and a lot has changed on my home network. It's a new Mac running 10.13.3, the firmware on my Airport Extreme has been updated, the iPad has run countless updates both on the operating system and the Naim app. I suppose any one of these changes could account for not being able to see MinimServer listed on the app.

I have installed the most recent version of Java and reinstalled MinimServer but that didn't work. The NDS is working properly as it will stream the various radio stations and can see the two Sonos Connect Media Servers.

The MinimServer properties are fine with, for example, 'contentDir' pointing to the Western Digital external HDD and 'stream.transcode' set to 'flac:wav'.

Any suggestions on what I need to do, in order to fix the issue, would be greatly appreciated.
Have you tried to acces MinimServer with your firewall disabled?
Thank you for your suggestion. I had tried turning off the Apple Firewall but didn't think of the McAfee Firewall which was causing the issue!
Reference URL's