MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minim update on QNAP Nas stopped working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As seen in a similar thread my minim server on my nas and minim watch on my Mac have stopped working after updating to the latest versions.
I attach the file requested on the other post about this to help you look at what's happening. Minim watch has gone red and error message says "subnet 192.168.1.69 not found"
I would appreciate your advice on what to do to get it back to working order.
This isn't related to any recent update. You need to set the ohnet.subnet property to 192.168.1.0 instead of 192.168.1.69. See the last paragraph of this section.
(17-03-2018 22:27)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't related to any recent update. You need to set the ohnet.subnet property to 192.168.1.0 instead of 192.168.1.69. See the last paragraph of this section.
Unfortunately this gives the same error and hasn't solved the problem. This has only happened since I updated to version 8.5.2. It was all working perfectly on 8.4 and I never touched the Subnet settings during updating, so I don't understand how this has changed. What else can I do?
(17-03-2018 22:27)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't related to any recent update. You need to set the ohnet.subnet property to 192.168.1.0 instead of 192.168.1.69. See the last paragraph of this section.
Unfortunately this gives the same error and hasn't solved the problem. This has only happened since I updated to version 8.5.2. It was all working perfectly on 8.4 and I never touched the Subnet settings during updating, so I don't understand how this has changed. What else can I do?
I have attached the file again after changing the subnet values as you have stated.
(18-03-2018 01:53)Saul66 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately this gives the same error and hasn't solved the problem. This has only happened since I updated to version 8.5.2. It was all working perfectly on 8.4 and I never touched the Subnet settings during updating, so I don't understand how this has changed. What else can I do?
I have attached the file again after changing the subnet values as you have stated.

This log shows a different problem (integrity check failure). To fix it, do the following:

1) From the QNAP App Center, remove MinimServer
2) From the QNAP App Center, install MinimServer
3) MinimServer should start normally
4) From the MinimWatch minim icon, select Properties
5) In the Properties window, select the Packages tab
6) In the 'Available packages' list, select minimstreamer-0.7.6
7) Click Install and follow the prompts to install MinimStreamer
8) When installation has completed, click the Relaunch button
9) After the relaunch has completed, select Properties from the minim icon
10) In the Properties window, select the System tab
11) In the stream.transcode field, enter the value: *:L16
12) Click the OK button

MinimServer and MinimStreamer should now be running normally with the same configuration that you had previously. Steps 2 to 8 are performing a default installation of MinimServer and MinimStreamer. Steps 9 to 12 are needed because your current installation has the stream.transcode property set to *:L16.
(18-03-2018 08:31)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-03-2018 01:53)Saul66 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately this gives the same error and hasn't solved the problem. This has only happened since I updated to version 8.5.2. It was all working perfectly on 8.4 and I never touched the Subnet settings during updating, so I don't understand how this has changed. What else can I do?
I have attached the file again after changing the subnet values as you have stated.

This log shows a different problem (integrity check failure). To fix it, do the following:

1) From the QNAP App Center, remove MinimServer
2) From the QNAP App Center, install MinimServer
3) MinimServer should start normally
4) From the MinimWatch minim icon, select Properties
5) In the Properties window, select the Packages tab
6) In the 'Available packages' list, select minimstreamer-0.7.6
7) Click Install and follow the prompts to install MinimStreamer
8) When installation has completed, click the Relaunch button
9) After the relaunch has completed, select Properties from the minim icon
10) In the Properties window, select the System tab
11) In the stream.transcode field, enter the value: *:L16
12) Click the OK button

MinimServer and MinimStreamer should now be running normally with the same configuration that you had previously. Steps 2 to 8 are performing a default installation of MinimServer and MinimStreamer. Steps 9 to 12 are needed because your current installation has the stream.transcode property set to *:L16.
Many thanks Simon, this has sorted the whole thing out, it took a while to index but I can now control minim again through my Naim app. I'm a very happy bunny! May I take this opportunity to thank you for your constant hard work developing this app, it's the best one out there, keep up the good work.
Reference URL's