MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimServer 0.8.5.3. for Readynas Ultra 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Simon,

Thanks for replying to my question re replaygain on the general forum.
I still can't make it work though...
I have the FFMPEG bin-file together with the minimserver bin file(s) but no luck. How/where do I set the PATH, and to what?

Anyway, the reason for this thread:
I was running 0.8.4 until now. Thought that upgrading to the new 0.8.5.3 could maybe help. So I downloaded the x86.bin version and copied it to the same folder on the NAS where I have the 0.8.4.bin. The Readynas easily finds the file, says image is valid accepts it for installation BUT when I say OK to install, I get the message "Update file not found. Please select the update file again".

Is it simply me who forgot something during the installation proces?
Btw, I notices that the new bin file is a lot larger than the old, 15 vs 2 MB. Is that correct ?

Regards,
Claus
(08-03-2018 07:34)ClausDK Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,

Thanks for replying to my question re replaygain on the general forum.
I still can't make it work though...
I have the FFMPEG bin-file together with the minimserver bin file(s) but no luck. How/where do I set the PATH, and to what?

You need to put the ffmpeg file in the MinimServer opt/bin directory. This full path to this directory is listed in this section (see the last bullet).

Quote:Anyway, the reason for this thread:
I was running 0.8.4 until now. Thought that upgrading to the new 0.8.5.3 could maybe help. So I downloaded the x86.bin version and copied it to the same folder on the NAS where I have the 0.8.4.bin. The Readynas easily finds the file, says image is valid accepts it for installation BUT when I say OK to install, I get the message "Update file not found. Please select the update file again".

Is it simply me who forgot something during the installation proces?
Btw, I notices that the new bin file is a lot larger than the old, 15 vs 2 MB. Is that correct ?

Regards,
Claus

The .bin file for 0.8.5.3 is larger because it includes the Java runtime. See point 3 on this page.

You should not copy the 0.8.5.3 .bin file to the NAS. When you install a ReadyNAS add-on, the ReadyNAS installer prompts you to select the .bin file for the add-on from your PC and does the copying itself.
Hi Simon,

MinimServer is running fine again. I believe that I had done it correct before (tried both from pc and NAS before asking here) but was confused because Minimserver didn't show up in NAS Frontview on the list of installed Add-ons.
I was able to stream music though, and today after a complete power off I can see 0.8.5.3. in the installed add-ons. Perfect.

But I still have problems with FFMPEG.
I have no folder on the NAS named /etc/frontview/addons/bin/MINIMSERVER/opt/bin. Or at least I can't see/access it, if it's there.

I have FFMPEG file : ffmpeg_1.3.bin on the NAS and FFMPEG shows up as installed add-on in Frontview.

Do you think I have an incorrect FFMPEG version? Or is there a way in which I can put the existing FFMPEG files (and subfolders with tons of files) in a specific folder and in MInimwatch tell Minimserver where to find it?

Best,
Claus
If you have a Windows PC, you can use WinSCP.exe to copy a recent ffmpeg binary for Linux x86 to the /etc/frontview/addons/bin/MINIMSERVER/opt/bin folder.

FFmpeg 1.3 is very old and it would be better to download the x86 version (32bit) of FFmpeg 3.4.2 from this page. The file that you need to copy to the ReadyNAS is named ffmpeg.
Simon, THANK YOU!!!

It seems it works now. Finally the settings in the properties were allowed/accepted.

I downloaded the new FFPMEG from the link you provided.

The folder (...opt/bin) didn't exist but I created one myself. And copied the FFMPEG file to that. Still no luck in changing stream options the properties. I then typed the whole address to the FFMPEG, that is
/c/etc/frontview/addons/bin/MINIMSERVER/opt/bin/ffmpeg

in the stream converter property. This was accepted (I'm pretty sure I tried this before with the older FFMPEG version and was getting told the converter wasn't supported, or something like that).

After that I could write "convOut=-af volume=replaygain=track" in the stream options - and finally the setting was accepted.

First test track had no volume difference in spite of 7-8 dB reduced gain. What now, I thought. Fortunately I soon realised that I had added track gain but not converted from WAV to FLAC. As soon as this was done, I could play the flac file with a conveniently reduced volume. Perfect!

So finally I'm able to play the "hot" albums as well without having to adjust the volume between the tracks. Great.

Thank you very, very much for all your help and your patience. It was frustrating to know there was a working solution, which I just couldn't find out how to setup.

Regards,
Claus
The correct folder is /etc/frontview/addons/bin/MINIMSERVER/opt/bin, not /c/etc/frontview/addons/bin/MINIMSERVER/opt/bin. This /etc/... folder is created automatically when you install MinimServer. If you put the ffmpeg binary in this /etc/... folder, MinimStreamer will find it without the need for you to put anything in the stream.converter property.
Reference URL's