MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Please Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All I'm going out of my mind trying to sort out this problem.

Firstly I'm no longer that computer literate as i was years ago both due to an age thing and the speed that technology is revolving!

I have the Pioneer N50 and have that hard wired via Ethernet to a desktop PC running Minimserver.

I am having issues whereby 'initially when playing internet radio the N50 would crash and restart. But no the radio seems to be holding out but the music files when streamed using various Android Apps BubbleUPNP, HIFI CAST, and even Media Monkey is causing the N50 to crash. It appears to be certain songs/albums at the moment and I've deleted some of the ones that were doing it but I also have others still on the PC that are crashing the N50.

The PC is an old DELL XPS420 Quad Core from a few years back but I have from memory about 3GB of RAM in it and the files I'm playing are FLAC.

I would be really grateful if somebody could take the time to help me with this as i just want to enjoy listening to my music without getting stressed each time it crashes.

I've ruled out power issues as I've tried several different plug sockets and also my wife is able to plug her IPHONE into the front USB and play for hours without any issues.

I'm wondering if it's a file compatibility issue either directly with the N50 or Minimserver? I didn't originally think so as it was also doing it on radio but that appears to have resolved itself.

Any help or advise would be very much appreciated.
What exactly happens when the N50 crashes? Does it start playing the song and then crash part way through? If so, does it always crash at the same point in the song? Do some songs always cause a crash and others always play OK?
(05-03-2018 08:11)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly happens when the N50 crashes? Does it start playing the song and then crash part way through? If so, does it always crash at the same point in the song? Do some songs always cause a crash and others always play OK?

Hi Simon, thank you for your reply.

When it originally started crashing using the radio it was playing fine and then crashed and restarted.

However I shut my pc down at the weekend whilst decorating and switched the streamer on to listen to the radio and it was playing for over an hour without any crashing. I then realised it was using the internet as the router was still on but pc off and wondered if it was something to do with the pc.

I then switched the PC back on expecting th radio to crash but it's been fine all night.

I then started playing some of the album's that it crashed on before and it crashed again.

It on those albums it doesn't even start to play as soon as I select the song it crashes and restarts immediately.

I've deleted that album last night but will still be in my recycle bin shall I reaasurect it and try it again? There are also other albums that cause the problem as well?
If you can find a song or album that always causes the N50 to crash, please do the following:

1) In MinimWatch, select 'Show log'
2) In the logging window, set the logging level to Trace
3) Leave the logging window open
4) Try to play the song or album
5) After the crash, click 'Save as' in the logging window to save a log file
6) Zip the log file (this step is important) and attach the zipped file to a post here
7) In the logging window, set the logging level back to Info

Please do not attempt to play more than one song or album.
(05-03-2018 12:14)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]If you can find a song or album that always causes the N50 to crash, please do the following:

1) In MinimWatch, select 'Show log'
2) In the logging window, set the logging level to Trace
3) Leave the logging window open
4) Try to play the song or album
5) After the crash, click 'Save as' in the logging window to save a log file
6) Zip the log file (this step is important) and attach the zipped file to a post here
7) In the logging window, set the logging level back to Info

Please do not attempt to play more than one song or album.

Hi Simon, i attempted to play the file again and it crashed the system and displayed the below within the log as soon as it crashed the system.

18:19:17.479 Thread-1353: FileResource: close
18:19:17.479 Thread-1355: FileResource: waitForEmpty caught InterruptedException
18:19:17.479 Thread-1355: FileResource: waitForEmpty returned true
18:19:17.479 Thread-1353: ServerResourceBase: close
18:19:17.480 Thread-1353: HTTPConnection: SocketException writing HTTP response to Socket[addr=/ REMOVED THIS INFO ,port=1064,localport=9790]
18:19:17.480 Thread-1354: ServerResourceBase: forced socket close: Socket[addr=/REMOVED THIS INFO,port=1064,localport=9790]
18:19:17.480 Thread-1354: HTTPService: removing connection org.jminim.lib.HTTPConnection@c187ff
18:19:48.055 AWT-EventQueue-0: getSaveLogFile: showSaveDialog returned 0
18:19:48.056 AWT-EventQueue-0: saveLocalProperty: compName=watch propName=lastLogDirectory propValue=C:\Users\REMOVED THIS INFO
18:19:48.139 AWT-EventQueue-0: ComponentClassLoader: using local class loader for class com.minimserver.lib.TrayControl$TrayView$28$1$1
I need to see the complete zipped log file as I requested in my previous post. If you are concerned about posting it on a public site, I will PM you my email address.
(05-03-2018 19:35)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I need to see the complete zipped log file as I requested in my previous post. If you are concerned about posting it on a public site, I will PM you my email address.

Hi Simon, many thanks much appreciated.

However, i've just removed the cover art from the file using MP3tag, an its playing the file fine!!! I haven't removed any of the cover art from any of the other tracks in the album and those still crash it. Therefore i'm assuming its the cover art causing the crash? Is this a known issue?
(05-03-2018 20:05)ScubaCollie Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2018 19:35)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I need to see the complete zipped log file as I requested in my previous post. If you are concerned about posting it on a public site, I will PM you my email address.

However, i've just removed the cover art from the file using MP3tag, an its playing the file fine!!! I haven't removed any of the cover art from any of the other tracks in the album and those still crash it. Therefore i'm assuming its the cover art causing the crash? Is this a known issue?

pretty sure it is the size of your album art, see this tread: http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...hlight=n50
(05-03-2018 20:50)Peter StreamMagic Wrote: [ -> ]

pretty sure it is the size of your album art, see this tread: http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...hlight=n50

Many Thanks Peter and Simon for your assistance I initially thought the N50 was short circulating and was going to bin it Lol!!!!
(06-03-2018 06:59)ScubaCollie Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2018 20:50)Peter StreamMagic Wrote: [ -> ]

Many Thanks Peter and Simon for your assistance I initially thought the N50 was short circulating and was going to bin it Lol!!!!

That still may be not such bad idea! If it crashes just because of over-sized album art it's not handling it very well Wink
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's