MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Works inside album
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I recently purchased SongKong tag editor.

One of the function I find it useful is it add/organize 'Works' inside album.
In its brother application 'Jaikoz' the work is shown in Grouping field as per attached screenshot.

In Linn Kinsky, it shows the Grouping properly (as per attached).
In Lumin App, it does divide the group properly but the work name is not displayed. Instead, grouped work has Album name displayed. Please see the attached.

Developer of SongKong, said I should consult both Lumin and Minimserver developer to solve this problem.

Is this something I can configure in MinimServer or Lumin app needs some tweak?
Thank you very much for your help!
Please post your MinimServer property settings for aliasTags, indexTags, itemTags, tagOptions, tagValue, tagCustom and tagFormat.
aliasTags: Empty
indexTags: Artist, Genre, All Artists, Composer, Conductor, Orchestra, Album_artists, Label, #AudioData, #AudioFormat, WORK
itemTags:albumartistsort, album_artists_sort, ComposerSort, Conductor_Sort
tagOptions: Album.sortTags={Album, Artist}
tagValue: Composer.value.sort={ComposerSort}, Conductor.value.sort={Conductor_Sort}, albumartist.value.sort={albumartistsort}, album_artists.value.sort={album_artists_sort}
tagCustom: all.display.multiTag, +Genre.display.multiTag
tagFormat: Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}, Group.displayFormat={$composer^^: $group}

Thank you!
The Group tag (used by MinimServer) is not the same as Grouping in Jaikoz. Your tagFormat setting of Group.displayFormat={$composer^^: $group} needs the Group tag to be set correctly in your files.

I have tried doing the same thing with your configuration settings in Kinsky and the LUMIN app with the Group tag set correctly in the files and the display screens are correct in both Kinsky and the LUMIN app.

Grouping in Jaikoz is probably mapped to either Grouping or ContentGroup in MinimServer (depending on the format of your files) and you might be able to get correct results without retagging your files by setting

Grouping: Group, ContentGroup:Group

in the aliasTags property and restarting MinimServer.
(05-03-2018 12:53)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The Group tag (used by MinimServer) is not the same as Grouping in Jaikoz. Your tagFormat setting of Group.displayFormat={$composer^^: $group} needs the Group tag to be set correctly in your files.

I have tried doing the same thing with your configuration settings in Kinsky and the LUMIN app with the Group tag set correctly in the files and the display screens are correct in both Kinsky and the LUMIN app.

Grouping in Jaikoz is probably mapped to either Grouping or ContentGroup in MinimServer (depending on the format of your files) and you might be able to get correct results without retagging your files by setting

Grouping: Group, ContentGroup:Group

in the aliasTags property and restarting MinimServer.
Simon, Yazsan55, I don't know if the Jaikoz screenshot is misleading since yes Grouping is mapped to ContentGroup. But Jaikoz does have a separate MinimServer Group field that maps to the MinimServers Group field, and I understood that Yazsan55 was using that field, Yazsan55 could you post another screenshot showing the MinimServer Group column ?

Because if Yazsan55 was only using the Grouping field would that not mean that neither Lumin or Kinsky would work, that is why I thought the issue was with Lumin.
According to this table, Grouping appears to be mapped to GROUPING for Ogg/Vorbis and FLAC. Have I misunderstood this?
(05-03-2018 15:24)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]According to this table, Grouping appears to be mapped to GROUPING for Ogg/Vorbis and FLAC. Have I misunderstood this?
No, you haven't misunderstood but there is also a MinimServer Group field and that maps to GROUP which is not listed in that table because the table is out of date, perhaps a screenshot would help

[Image: group.jpg]
This mapping of Grouping by Jaikoz unfortunately means that Grouping would be mapped (by the combination of Jaikoz and MinimServer) to CONTENTGROUP for MP3 and MP4 files and to GROUPING for FLAC files. I just wanted to clarify this point.
(05-03-2018 15:57)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]This mapping of Grouping by Jaikoz unfortunately means that Grouping would be mapped (by the combination of Jaikoz and MinimServer) to CONTENTGROUP for MP3 and MP4 files and to GROUPING for FLAC files. I just wanted to clarify this point.
Yes, but I dont understand why is that a problem, isn't the issue with GROUP field ?
It is a problem if a user-visible field in the tagging program (Grouping in this case) maps to different tags in the server depending on the format of the file. The user can usually work around this using aliasTags but might not realise why different types of files aren't being treated in the same way.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's