MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver crashes - Transcoding option no longer working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Simon,

I've been running Minimserver to my great pleasure since a couple of years.
Recently I'm running into some issues.

Since some weeks I can no longer use this option for transcoding at the property stream.transcode alac:-/wav . I have an older Denon receiver that can not play alac and my Oppo 203 can not cope with alac transcodings but all was working fine with this setting. Regardless the device it's always transcoding.

Since today my minimserver is crashing for some reason. Today it happened when I was having a vpn connection to my dad's office from my pc (as I do from time time without any issue).

Minimserver is running from my NAS so could it be related ?

The logs are in the attachment.

Thanks and Best Regards !
(05-11-2017 10:21)ppienter Wrote: [ -> ]Since some weeks I can no longer use this option for transcoding at the property stream.transcode alac:-/wav . I have an older Denon receiver that can not play alac and my Oppo 203 can not cope with alac transcodings but all was working fine with this setting. Regardless the device it's always transcoding.

What exactly is happening when you try play music with this stream.transcode setting?

Quote:Since today my minimserver is crashing for some reason. Today it happened when I was having a vpn connection to my dad's office from my pc (as I do from time time without any issue).

There is nothing in the logs that shows a crash. After a crash, you need to first stop MinimServer from the QNAP App Center (even though it has already crashed), then copy the minimserver-diag file before you start MinimServer again.
(05-11-2017 16:41)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2017 10:21)ppienter Wrote: [ -> ]Since some weeks I can no longer use this option for transcoding at the property stream.transcode alac:-/wav . I have an older Denon receiver that can not play alac and my Oppo 203 can not cope with alac transcodings but all was working fine with this setting. Regardless the device it's always transcoding.

What exactly is happening when you try play music with this stream.transcode setting?

Quote:It seems it does not see that the renderer is capable of playing alac so it transcodes on my oppo and it's not transcoding on my denon (the opposite of what I had before)

Quote:Since today my minimserver is crashing for some reason. Today it happened when I was having a vpn connection to my dad's office from my pc (as I do from time time without any issue).

There is nothing in the logs that shows a crash. After a crash, you need to first stop MinimServer from the QNAP App Center (even though it has already crashed), then copy the minimserver-diag file before you start MinimServer again.
Quote:Today I haven't had any crashes anymore... I will do as soon as it happens again (if it would occur). Yesterday it happened 3 times in a row...
It is up to the control point to select which stream (transcoded or not transcoded) to send to each renderer. Which control point are you using now and which control point were you using when it was working correctly?
(05-11-2017 20:31)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]It is up to the control point to select which stream (transcoded or not transcoded) to send to each renderer. Which control point are you using now and which control point were you using when it was working correctly?

Hi Simon, I haven't changed control points on both systems. I use the genuine Denon / Oppo control points on my iPad that were working before.

I also attach the result from the latest minimserver crash.
Perhaps there has been an update to the control points that is causing the transcoding problem.

The crash looks like it might be a Java problem. Which model of QNAP NAS are you using?
Reference URL's