MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Transcoding: Melco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone write me some simple instructions of how to download and set up a stream converter program on the Melco so that I can transcode wav16 to wav 24 on the fly?
MinimServer/MinimStreamer don't support transcoding wav16 to wav24. You can transcode FLAC to wav24 and you don't need a stream converter program to do that.
(03-11-2017 19:47)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]MinimServer/MinimStreamer don't support transcoding wav16 to wav24. You can transcode FLAC to wav24 and you don't need a stream converter program to do that.
OK, thanks Simon. That's a shame. I thought I'd read something on the user guide page of Minimserver about using ffmpeg but I don't really understand it.
Would you recommend ripping to flac and converting to wav24 or ripping to wav16 and sticking with that?
I do all my rips to FLAC. The files are smaller and the tagging support is better. It is possible to use ffmpeg for some transcoding combinations but not for wav16 to wav24.
(03-11-2017 23:10)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I do all my rips to FLAC. The files are smaller and the tagging support is better. It is possible to use ffmpeg for some transcoding combinations but not for wav16 to wav24.
Thank you
Reference URL's