MinimServer Forum

Full Version: avconv 64bit not installed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When trying to use avconv 64bit version then minim server says it is not installed. Avconv 32bit version works fine. I'm copying all avconv /bin files to minim home directory.
The question I posted is not so important as I've found the root cause of my original problem. I was thinking before that it is related to avconv 32 bit version and installing 64 bit version will help. But the problem I have is different.

After installing BubbleUPnServer (working as a proxy) I've found that tracks stop after 1-2 minutes what was not a problem before or today (when I choose from my BubbleDS Next on Android device MinimServer directly). I've found that if internal converter is used than tracks stop playing; when external (avconv) then it is ok. As an example flac play ok when transcoding is "flac:wav;" and stops after 1-2 minutes when transcoding is "flac:wav". This means that I have the solution for almost all my music library (waw & flac) but do not have for dsd files. Could you investigate whether the problem is related to internal converter (or maybe parameters setting) or rather to BubbleUPnServer proxy?

It is quite important and may be usefull for others as adding BubbleUPnServer to the configuration (BubbleDS or Kazoo --> BubbleUPnServer as a proxy --> Minim Server --> Upplay --> JplayStreamer) increases sound quality significantly.
You need to put the converter program (avconv or ffmpeg) in the opt/bin directory (see this section).

To help me understand your other issue, please produce a log file by doing the following:

1) Start MinimServer
2) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
3) In the log window, set the logging level to Debug
4) Leave the log window open
5) Play a track using BubbleUPnP Server and the internal flac:wav converter until playback stops
6) In the log window, click 'Save as' to save a log file
7) Zip the log file (this step is important) and attach the zipped log file to a post here
8) In the log window, set the logging level back to Info

I will look at the log file and let you know what I find.
(18-10-2017 09:43)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]You need to put the converter program (avconv or ffmpeg) in the opt/bin directory (see this section).

To help me understand your other issue, please produce a log file by doing the following:

1) Start MinimServer
5) Play a track using BubbleUPnP Server and the internal flac:wav converter until playback stops
7) Zip the log file (this step is important) and attach the zipped log file to a post here

Hi Simon.
Same same problem the files stop at about 56 seconds using minimservers on Western digital NAS and BubbleDS UPNP server installed on 64-bit windows with jplay streamer. Also on minimserver 32-bit avconv usage for flac-wav conversions. I attach you log minimserver. Hope it is possible to solve it. Thanks again.
From this log, it looks like the stream stopped immediately (within one second) because the renderer closed the connection. There is no evidence of any problem with the stream data sent by MinimServer.

This could be related to timing. Some renderers don't wait very long for the stream data to become available and adding BubbleUPnP Server to the streaming chain could increase the timing delay to the point where the renderer times out.
(18-10-2017 09:43)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]You need to put the converter program (avconv or ffmpeg) in the opt/bin directory (see this section).

1) Start MinimServer

Thanks for this log. It shows that the renderer closed the connection to the server after 52 seconds of streaming data. There is no error on the server side.

Are you using BubbleUPnP as a proxy for the server or as a proxy for the renderer?
I'm using BubbleUPnP as a proxy for the server. From end point device I choose MinimServer [Win-2T77DRRN8L5][Proxy] to connect to.
I have tried this myself (but not with JPLAYStreamer) and I am not seeing this problem.

Please produce another log file with the logging level set to Trace instead of Debug. This shows streaming progress in real time and might provide some more clues.
Hi,
Log with logging 'trace' details attached. Interesting thing is that when I checked external converter (avconv) with loggin 'trace' then it stopped playing the same song even faster (vs not stopping with logging 'info').
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's