MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minim watch not working anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Simon,

Since two days Minimwatch is not working any longer. The icon stays grey. I have re-installed it but no improvement. I am on the same network and the problem is on both Windows and Mac computers. I have also restarted the server on the QNAP. Any clues?

Thanks,
Hans

p.s. Minim is working properly.
(31-12-2012 12:01)Hans Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,

Since two days Minimwatch is not working any longer. The icon stays grey. I have re-installed it but no improvement. I am on the same network and the problem is on both Windows and Mac computers. I have also restarted the server on the QNAP. Any clues?

Thanks,
Hans

p.s. Minim is working properly.

Did you make any changes to your network setup before this problem started?

How is the QNAP connected to the network? If it has multiple Ethernet ports, how are these configured and connected?

Please try powering off both the QNAP and your router and then power them back on (router first).
(31-12-2012 12:15)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Did you make any changes to your network setup before this problem started?
Just updated the QNAP software.

(31-12-2012 12:15)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]How is the QNAP connected to the network? If it has multiple Ethernet ports, how are these configured and connected?
Ethernet. It has two ethernet ports. Connected like it always is. No special configuration.

(31-12-2012 12:15)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Please try powering off both the QNAP and your router and then power them back on (router first).
I done that. Unfortunately no changes.
(31-12-2012 13:41)Hans Wrote: [ -> ]Just updated the QNAP software.

Which new level of QNAP firmware did you install? What level of firmware did you have before the update? Which model of QNAP is this?

Quote:Ethernet. It has two ethernet ports. Connected like it always is. No special configuration.

Please can you explain "like it always is". What are the IP addresses of both these ports?
(31-12-2012 14:38)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-12-2012 13:41)Hans Wrote: [ -> ]Just updated the QNAP software.

Which new level of QNAP firmware did you install? What level of firmware did you have before the update? Which model of QNAP is this?

Quote:Ethernet. It has two ethernet ports. Connected like it always is. No special configuration.

Please can you explain "like it always is". What are the IP addresses of both these ports?
3.8.1 Build 20121205 Before it was the previous one. Just done through live update. QNAP model is 239 Pro II+
It is on 192.168.72.106. Fixed on the Netgear router in the subnetwork as described by Linn.
(31-12-2012 14:48)Hans Wrote: [ -> ]3.8.1 Build 20121205 Before it was the previous one. Just done through live update. QNAP model is 239 Pro II+
It is on 192.168.72.106. Fixed on the Netgear router in the subnetwork as described by Linn.

There have been a lot of problems reported on the QNAP forum with 3.8.0 and 3.8.1 firmware. I'm using 3.7.3 on my TS-119, and I haven't had any problems with this.

I'd suggest you downgrade to 3.7.3, which is known to work properly with MinimServer and MinimWatch.
Pfff, finally I have managed it. I have installed the 3.7.3. as you have suggested. But still no Minim Watch on my Windows laptop... So in the end I have restored Windows to the settings from two days ago. Now everything is back to normal again. Thanks for your help and happy new year! Now I can enjoy new years eve in a relaxed way.
(31-12-2012 18:27)Hans Wrote: [ -> ]Pfff, finally I have managed it. I have installed the 3.7.3. as you have suggested. But still no Minim Watch on my Windows laptop... So in the end I have restored Windows to the settings from two days ago. Now everything is back to normal again. Thanks for your help and happy new year! Now I can enjoy new years eve in a relaxed way.

I didn't suggest this originally because you said that the problem had appeared on both Windows and Mac. I'm glad to hear that the problem is solved now.

It's probably a good idea to leave 3.7.3 on the QNAP unless you need any fixes or new features from later versions.

Happy New Year!
(31-12-2012 18:36)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't suggest this originally because you said that the problem had appeared on both Windows and Mac.
Yeah that was the case so probably I had to do both anyway. Thanks again.
Reference URL's