MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Linn Kazoo (iOS) problem with Norwegian letters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have a Linn Kazoo problem on my iPAD with Norwegian letters (ÆØÅ). When I browse the Artist tag I nothing happens when I press the index letters on the right side of the screen. Can't get past Å (sorted under A). If I tag the artist name with A instead of Å it works normal. Linn blame it's MinimServer problem. Any setting I've missed?
(12-09-2017 07:56)balleklorin Wrote: [ -> ]Have a Linn Kazoo problem on my iPAD with Norwegian letters (ÆØÅ). When I browse the Artist tag I nothing happens when I press the index letters on the right side of the screen. Can't get past Å (sorted under A). If I tag the artist name with A instead of Å it works normal. Linn blame it's MinimServer problem. Any setting I've missed?

What machine (computer or NAS) are you using to run MinimServer? If you set the language on this machine to Norwegian, Å should be sorted in the correct position.
I run MinimServer on a Qnap NAS. I don't have this problem if I run Linn Kazoo on my Windows PC or Android phone.
Have you tried setting the language on the QNAP to Norwegian? This should change the sort position of the Å character.
(12-09-2017 19:11)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried setting the language on the QNAP to Norwegian? This should change the sort position of the Å character.

What do you do if you just have artists in multiple different scripts, i.e some in Norweigen, some in Cyrillic and some in Mandarin.
The language only affects the sort order, not how the characters are displayed. MinimServer doesn't support custom sort orders for Cyrillic or Mandarin, just for Norwegian, Swedish and Danish.
Tried to change language on the Qnap to Norwegian. Working fine after a restart. Thanks!
Reference URL's