MinimServer Forum

Full Version: isn't a valid object
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Occasionally I see output like the following from MINIWATCH PROPERTIES...
Code:
MinimServer 0.8.4.5 update 104, Copyright (c) 2012-2017 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
MinimStreamer 0.6.4, Copyright (c) 2012-2017 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_131-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)
Java runtime options: -Duser.timezone=Europe/London
Platform default charset is UTF-8
Language setting is 'auto'
Current time is Sat Aug 19 13:10:17 BST 2017 in time zone Europe/London
starting MinimServer
MinimServer is running
MinimServer: 0$=Artist$21805 isn't a valid object
MinimServer: 0$=Artist$22932 isn't a valid object
MinimServer: 0$=Artist$17047 isn't a valid object
I have never heard or seen any problems but the 'isn't a valid object' is interesting. I have never been able to trace what action causes this. My server is running on a QNAP TS251 - fully up to date.

Any thoughts...?
Dave
This means that the control point is out of sync with the server and has sent the server a request for a UPnP object ID that no longer exists on the server. Which control point are you using?
I am mostly using Linn Kazoo. I also use Plugplayer to play on my phone.

So this is a browsing error? I will keep an eye on the logs to see if I can identify the cause.

As I say it does not seem to cause any real problems - I would not know about it unless I looked at the log.

Thanks Simon,

Dave
Yes, it is caused by a control point detecting a MinimServer restart and sending a browse request for something that no longer exists. I would be interested to know which control point is running when you get the message. No harm is done because MinimServer detects and rejects the incorrect request.
Reference URL's