MinimServer Forum

Full Version: mininmserver vortexbox installation problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi-
I am attempting to install minimserver on my vortexbox. The GUI does the installation, I have updated java and am running minim watch at the same time, however when I clinic on the icon, rather than opening minimserver I am taken to a page saying this

MinimServer
MinimServer is a free DLNA server from minimserver.com. In order to configuring and manage MinimServer you will need to run MinimWatch on your PC or Mac.
You can get more information about downloading and installing MinimWatch here
There is also a simple web administration page avalible here.
MinimServer Admin

Any ideas as to how to right this? I have installed and re-installed and rebooted several times but no go.

Thanks in advance
If you have a GUI, does it have a system tray? Is there a Minim icon there and is it green? If so, right-click on the try icon, and select Properties to set up MinimServer. In particular, you will need your Vortexbox local path to your music library to tell MinimServer where to find the files.

Once basic properties are set (do not do anything complicated in the first instance) use the context menu to initiate a rescan. When that is complete, you should be able to use any UpnP Control Point to access MinimServer and browse the library.

David
David-
Thanks for the pointers. It actually is green and appears based on the path that it is being pointed to the right directory. When I look at the log it is saying that there is a playlist error in all of the files which must mean they have to be tagged differently than I had them for logitech media server I'm guessing?
(21-08-2017 23:17)jlevine31 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the pointers. It actually is green and appears based on the path that it is being pointed to the right directory. When I look at the log it is saying that there is a playlist error in all of the files which must mean they have to be tagged differently than I had them for logitech media server I'm guessing?

TBH, I'm a bit confused about this. I associate the term 'playlist error' with the saved playlists (.m3u or.m3u8 format) that MinimServer indexes, not with the music files as such. Please can you post a sample of the actual error messages you are getting?

At least MinimServer is working.

David
I got a number of errors in the log of different types. Here are examples below

Warning: ignoring incorrect value for DATE tag 12May06 in file PJ200605-12-2006 - Pepsi Arena, Albany, NY/30 Alive.flac

Error: incorrect FLAC header 0x00000000 at offset 0 in file Grateful Dead - May 1977 Box Set [PART 3 Auditorium Chicago 13] (2013) FLAC Beolab1700/050 New Minglewood Blues (Live - Auditorium Theater, Chicago, IL).flac (length 14570493)
Error: incorrect FLAC header 0x00000000 at offset 0 in file Grateful Dead - May 1977 Box Set [PART 3 Auditorium Chicago 13] (2013) FLAC Beolab1700/052 El Paso (Live - Auditorium Theater, Chicago, IL).flac (length 10023839)
Error: incorrect FLAC header 0x00000000 at offset 0 in file Grateful Dead - May 1977 Box Set [PART 3 Auditorium Chicago 13] (2013) FLAC Beolab1700/059 Estimated Prophet (Live - Auditorium Theater, Chicago, IL).flac (length 26390552)

Error: incorrect duration '374.3' on #EXTINF line 20 of file Luna_-_Penthouse/Luna_-_Penth

rror: incorrect duration '243.8' on #EXTINF line 34 of file Radiohead_-_The_Golden_Unplugged_Album/Radiohead_-_The_Golden_Unplugged_Album.m3u
Error: incorrect duration '238.2' on #EXTINF line 12 of file The Band - The Band (AF Gold)/The_Band_-_The_Band_(AF_Gold).m3u
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 1961-1964 in file Lightnin' Hopkins - Straight Blues (1961-1964) [FLAC] {Prestige Bluesville OBC 586}/08 - You Is One Black Rat.flac
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 1961-1964 in file Lightnin' Hopkins - Straight Blues (1961-1964) [FLAC] {Prestige Bluesville OBC 586}/05 - I Like To Boogie.flac
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 1961-1964 in file Lightnin' Hopkins - Straight Blues (1961-1964) [FL
It looks as though your FLAC files have some non-standard features that make them incompatible with MinimServer. The easiest way round this is to convert the files from FLAC to FLAC (in a different folder), using a program such as dBpoweramp. Test a few files at first, and then see if MinimServer will recognise them. Complying with standards is a good long term policy in any case.

There may still be tagging errors even when MinimServer recognises the files. Those can be fixed with a tagging program such as MP3Tag (eindows) or Metadatics (OSX).

David
The message "Error: incorrect FLAC header 0x00000000" indicates a corrupt file.

The message "Warning: ignoring incorrect value for DATE tag" or "Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag" means that the DATE tag contains a nonstandard format.

The message "Error: incorrect duration 'nnn.n' on #EXTINF line" is caused by the duration not being a whole number of seconds. I could remove this message by ignoring any fractional seconds and I will do this in a future update to MInimServer.
David/Simon-
Thanks very much for the input. My guess is that the conversion is going to be too labor intensive for me to do. I have several TB of flac files on my NAS and the reason I formatted them initially the way I did is they were compatible with logitech media server which is what I originally used.
The messages about DATE are only warnings and don't prevent the files from being shown in your library and played using MinimServer.

The messages about EXTINF will be fixed in the next MinimServer update.

The messages about incorrect FLAC headers mean that these files could not be played with any server or player. If you haven't seen similar messages from LMS, it is presumably because LMS is silently ignoring corrupt files.

To summarize, there is nothing in the log that requires large-scale conversion or prevents your files from being fully accessible using MinimServer.
(23-08-2017 14:17)jlevine31 Wrote: [ -> ]My guess is that the conversion is going to be too labor intensive for me to do. I have several TB of flac files on my NAS ...

Just to add to Simon's points, if conversion did become desirable for any reason, and if your music files are all located under a single high-level folder, you could do the whole job in one go with dBpoweramp Batch Converter and no doubt other converters as well. Provided that you have the disk space to make a copy of your library, you can probably get the job done in a couple of hours, most of which will be copying time. USB3 external drives come in very handy for this kind of thing.

David
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's