MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Firewall and MinimWatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With its firewall active, the machine running MinimWatch is unable to establish a connection with MinimServer (the menubar icon remains greyed-out).

Allowing access from TCP ports 49000:49999 and to UDP ports 49000:65535 "solves" the problem. MinimWatch is then able to establish a connection. But a more fine-grained solution would be desirable.

What ports need to be open for MinimWatch to function?
MinimWatch uses dynamically allocated port numbers. If you are running MinimWatch on a Windows machine, the usual solution is to permit inbound connections to Java TM Platform SE Binary.
(18-08-2017 15:58)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]MinimWatch uses dynamically allocated port numbers. If you are running MinimWatch on a Windows machine, the usual solution is to permit inbound connections to Java TM Platform SE Binary.

Hmmm. Thanks. I'm on MacOSX, with the PF firewall enabled.

Theoretically, turning on the Application Firewall (and allowing inbound connections to MinimWatch) should punch the appropriate holes in the firewall to allow MinimWatch to function. But I haven't had success with that.

Instead, the best I've been able to do is open up a (fixed) range of ports and hope for the best. This works, but I was hoping for something better.
I haven't tried PF on Mac. The normal Mac firewall works well with MinimWatch in the list of permitted applications.
Reference URL's