MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Problems with getting a newly ripped CD to appear in Kazoo (on a Melco)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I use a Melco N1ZH2 with Minimserver installed on it.

Works really well, I much prefer it the software the Melco comes preloaded with.

However I'm a bit stuck with a few things so I thought this is the best place to ask!

My Melco is up to date running 3.50 and I have a CD ripper connected directly to the Melco, ripping CD's to WAV.

How do I get newly ripped CD's to appear within the app I use, Kazoo? Before I used Minimserver they simply just appeared.

I have tried a couple of methods and what works for me seems rather longwinded.

I've ripped a disc, then performed a database rescan on the Melco - Kazoo does not update

I've ripped a disc, rescanned minimwtch - Kazoo does not update

I also have Song Kong for Melco on my computer to sort out missing artwork. I can get Kazoo to update if I rip a disc, song kong the folder for this new rip, then update minimwatch - it then appears.

Is there a quicker/easier way to get music to appear?
Hopefully it's just me being a bit of numpty!

As an aside anyone with issues with missing artwork - Song Kong for Melco is well worth £40!

I'll post other threads for the other 2 issues I have to keep them all separate

Thanks in advance!

D
Doing a database update on the Melco doesn't make any difference to MinimServer (it only affects Twonky).

Doing a MinimWatch rescan should make the newly ripped disc appear in MinimServer. As this isn't happening, it could be that the CD to WAV ripper either isn't writing tags to the WAV file or is writing the tags in a format that MinimServer can't read. Are you using the built-in Melco CD ripper or some other ripper program?

There are two different ways to tag WAV files (ID3v2 and LIST/INFO) and MinimServer only reads ID3v2. When you run SongKong for Melco, it sounds like this is writing (or rewriting) tags to the WAV file in a format that MinimServer can read.

I am away from home at present, so I can't try this for myself. When I return home, I will try this and post my findings here.
Thanks for the reply and info.

I have a Buffalo drive connected directly to the Melco for ripping.

Very interesting, I've ripped a fair few discs recently where as previously mentioned I could only get the albums appear if I applied Song Kong to those folders. A rescan did nothing.

That said, I've just ripped a new album and a Minimserver rescan worked as expected. I wonder whether this will vary from disc to disc?

I've got a handful of new CD's arriving hopefully later today, we'll see what happens with those.

Thanks Smile
So, today I have ripped 6 new CD's, including the one I mentioned in my last post.

4 of these appeared after a Minimwatch rescan, 2 of them did not and required them to be Song Konged, then a Minimwatch rescan to get them to appear.

The 2 guilty albums are Valerie June (The Order of Time) and Cigarettes After Sex (Cigarettes After Sex).
My Melco is running 3.50, I have the Buffalo ripper and I'm ripping to WAV

Anyone else with Melco possess either of these albums I wonder?

As an experiment I ripped the Cigarettes After Sex to FLAC and it appeared with just a Minimwatch rescan, so it's clearly a WAV issue. Interesting how it's not doing it with everything though.

Contentious point perhaps, but I think WAV sounds better, but that's not what this thread is about and I'm not getting into it!
If this happens again (Melco CD rip to FLAC is picked up by a MinimServer rescan but Melco rip to WAV of the same CD isn't), please copy and save the WAV files. I would like to look at these to see what might be wrong with them.
(02-07-2017 05:19)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]If this happens again (Melco CD rip to FLAC is picked up by a MinimServer rescan but Melco rip to WAV of the same CD isn't), please copy and save the WAV files. I would like to look at these to see what might be wrong with them.

I get loads of CD's so yes the next time it happens I will send you WAV files before I Song Kong them.

Be interesting to see what it is.

Thanks
Reference URL's