MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimServer on SynoNAS stops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I was using MinimServer on my synoNAS without any problems for quite a long time. Since some time now I am facing problema in sich manner, that Minim simply stops working. The packages is then stopped. Restarting works and then after sometime it stops again.

I have the latest version of ms and yes, since dsm 6.1 I always get this warning when updating. Nevertheless, Ms restarts after the update.

The log within the package control center in only shows that Ms was started and not being else. Are there Ms own logs somewhere? I'd like to look into this

Thanks and cheers,
Zavjah
There is a shared folder named MinimServer and you can look in the appData subfolder of this folder for two log files named minimserver.log and minimserver-out.log.
(27-06-2017 16:32)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]There is a shared folder named MinimServer and you can look in the appData subfolder of this folder for two log files named minimserver.log and minimserver-out.log.

Hello Simon,

I just have looked into those files. Unfortunately they seem to have been generated first this morning after I had to start minim because it stopped (see attachments). Thus they do not contain any information Sad.

Is there a historic log somewhere?

27.06.2017 21:30:06: Addendum:
I just loked into the files in folder you told me and found this one: "hs_err_pid8219.LOG" (see attachments). It was created just before MinimServer stopped to work this morning. I do not understand it at all but it is about some fatal java error. I am using 1.8.0_131 (jdk-8u131-linux-arm32-vfp-hflt.tar) downloaded from oracle.

Cheers,
Zavjah
Thanks for this information. The hs_err_pid8219.LOG file shows that Java has crashed and this would explain why MinimServer stopped. This looks like a bug in Java. Did the problem start happening after you updated your version of Java? Which model of Synology NAS do you have?
(28-06-2017 02:22)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this information. The hs_err_pid8219.LOG file shows that Java has crashed and this would explain why MinimServer stopped. This looks like a bug in Java. Did the problem start happening after you updated your version of Java? Which model of Synology NAS do you have?

Hi,

I use DS213j. As far as I can remember I have updated Java few months ago. Crashes though didn't start directly then. After the Java there were at least 2 or 3 DSM updates also. Minim problems started somewhere within the last 4 to 6 week I would tell, but I am not sure.

Cheers
Java 8u131 was released in April. From a quick web search, I don't see any other reports of this Java crash (on any platform).

I am away from home at present. When I return, I will update my DS115 (similar CPU to DS213j) to Java 8u131 and see if I experience the same problem.
(28-06-2017 06:06)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Java 8u131 was released in April. From a quick web search, I don't see any other reports of this Java crash (on any platform).

I am away from home at present. When I return, I will update my DS115 (similar CPU to DS213j) to Java 8u131 and see if I experience the same problem.

Hi Simon, thanks. I'll observe it also. Cheers
Reference URL's