MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Error Streaming Radio Stations to a new player OPPO UDP205
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am no longer able to stream radio stations to a new OPPO UDP205 player, it was working fine with my previous BDP105. Looking t the Minimserver log I see the following:

TTPSource: stream error response HTTP/1.0 404 File Not Found
HTTPSource: byte-range request could not be satisfied
Chain: error starting chain
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
at org.jstreamer.lib.HTTPSource.start(HTTPSource.java:92)
at org.jstreamer.core.ChainSource.start(ChainSource.java:46)
at org.jstreamer.core.ChainImpl.startLinks(ChainImpl.java:79)
at org.jstreamer.core.ChainImpl.start(ChainImpl.java:55)
at com.minimstreamer.Streamer$NetworkRequestHandler.processRequest(Streamer.java:25​78)
at com.minimserver.Server$StreamerRequestHandler.processRequest(Server.java:20345)
at org.jminim.lib.HTTPConnection$WriterThread.runWriterThread(HTTPConnection.java:4​63)
at org.jminim.lib.HTTPConnection$WriterThread.run(HTTPConnection.java:418)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:2​00)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:579)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:528)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:425)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:208)
at org.jstreamer.lib.HTTPSource.doStart(HTTPSource.java:204)
at org.jstreamer.lib.HTTPSource.start(HTTPSource.java:90)
... 7 more

I am not sure what the above errors are and if the provide a clue as to the problem. Thanks for the help.
These messages mean that the renderer is sending byte-range requests, which are valid when playing an audio file but not with a real-time radio stream.

You might be able to work around the problem by using MinimStreamer and setting the stream.transcode property to either *:wav to *:L16. Perhaps the renderer will not send byte-range requests for these transcoded formats. This depends on how the renderer is implemented.
(12-05-2017 15:05)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]These messages mean that the renderer is sending byte-range requests, which are valid when playing an audio file but not with a real-time radio stream.

You might be able to work around the problem by using MinimStreamer and setting the stream.transcode property to either *:wav to *:L16. Perhaps the renderer will not send byte-range requests for these transcoded formats. This depends on how the renderer is implemented.

Simon,
Thanks for the quick reply. I will try that and contact OPPO support also so hopefully they can correct this in a future firmware update.
Hi, any solution to this issue with Oppo 205? I have tried Simon's *.wav transcoding suggestion but I'm still facing a similar problem with the error message: "NetworkSource: byte-range request could not be satisfied"
Reference URL's