MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Problem with playing large files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I play large DSD single tracks (exceeding 1,4 Go) using MinimServer on my QNAP NAS to feed a dCs Vivaldi upsampled, the music stops after a definite lapse : 16mn 54 sec for a DSD 128, 33mn 48 sec for DSD 64 (obviously relating to the same size of file). My system isn't DSD 256 compatible, but I guess the problem would appear after 8 mn 27sec!
The music is cut and goes to the following track on the play-list.
Since no such problem occurs using Twonky Media, I guess there is something specific to MediaServer, or the way I use it.
Does somebody know of this issue and might provide some help? Thanks
Are you using MinimStreamer to transcode these files to DoP/WAV? If so, the problem is occurring when the transcoded stream is larger than 2GB. Can you try playing the files without DoP/WAV transcoding?
(02-05-2017 22:54)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using MinimStreamer to transcode these files to DoP/WAV? If so, the problem is occurring when the transcoded stream is larger than 2GB. Can you try playing the files without DoP/WAV transcoding?

Thanks. No I do not do this. These files are fed as DSD files in the Vivaldi upsampler. Then , they are processed within the dCs Vivaldi equipment, which doesn't seem to create the problem, since no such thing occurs with the same files brought in by Twonky.
I have a dCS Rossini and I will try this myself. Are your DSD files in DSF or DFF format?
Thanks for your interest I do appreciate. I play either DSF or DFF, with the same problem. I put some more thoughts about your previous assumption. The way my Vivaldi sampler processes files brought by MinimServer or Twonky might be different : on the Vivaldi controller, when a DSD (128) track is played through Twonky, it is labelled "doublespeak direct stream digital (DSD 2), 705,6 kHz 1 bt. When the same track is played using MinimServer, it reads on the controller "WAV 176,4 kHz 24 bits". In both cases the indication on the upsampled itself is DSD2>DSD2. May be a track brought by MinimServer initiates some process involving WAV.
It sounds like you do have MinimStreamer installed and are using DoP/WAV transcoding. Please check this in the System tab of the MinimServer properties window. What is in the stream.transcode property?
Here is the status : MinimServer 0.8.4.5 update 99 - MinimStream 0.6.2. Using MinimWatch, I got this about the stream transcode "dff : dop wav, dsf : dop wav"
So the questions are : how to avoid Dop/Wav transcoding, and if so, will my Vivaldi upsampled be able to read the files?
You should power off the Vivaldi, then delete everything in stream.transcode, then restart MinimServer, then power on the Vivaldi.

The Rossini can read DSF files from MinimServer without transcoding. Please let me know whether the Vivaldi can do this.
Thanks, but I am not sure I understand what you mean by "delete everything in stream.transcode". What precisely should I do to achieve this?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's