MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minim Server not visible on WiFi network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have recently set up Minim Server on my PC to serve classical music to my Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 network player and my samsung tab 10 tablet and Sony Xperia phone. The server is working via wired network to my Stream Magic player, but I can't get my two android devices to see the server via WiFi. I can see the info page from my tablet when typing in the IP address:9790.
Is this a multicast discovery message problem and how do I get round it, please? My wireless router is the Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226.

Thanks, Nev.
It is a multicast discovery problem and you can find some suggestions in this section.
Hi, I read that section and tried everything suggested - there is no setting to disable IGMP snooping on the plusnet router, I disabled the 5GHz band with no effect. The next suggestion was to raise a new thread here.

My smart TV and Stream Magic player are both connected to the Plusnet router via network cables (as is the PC running Minim Server) and can see and play from Minim Server fine. The problem comes when I try to find Minim Server from my android devices via wifi.

Have you any other ideas?

Thanks, Nev.
According to this post, the Hub One doesn't support multicast over WiFi. If this is correct, you will need a different router. I am using a Zyxel VMG1312-B10A and it is working well for me.
(02-04-2017 22:35)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]According to this post, the Hub One doesn't support multicast over WiFi. If this is correct, you will need a different router. I am using a Zyxel VMG1312-B10A and it is working well for me.

Thanks for the info. I'll try another access point I have to see if I can get multicast discovery to work on that and have just bought a a Zyxel router like yours on ebay. Fingers crossed that one of the options works!

Thanks for your help.

Nev.
Reference URL's