MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver not working since move
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure is the cause of my problem or just a coincidence. When I start up minimserver on my Mac mini I get the yellow light but in the log it shows
Error: Java.io.IOExcepetion: input/output error at offset 0 in file

I've tried to troubleshoot myself but my lack of knowledge has brought me to ask for help. Any help is appreciated.
Please clarify the reference to "since move" in the title of this thread.

The first scan can take a long time. It might find some problems with your files and produce messages telling you this. If you leave the scan running, it should complete eventually. To see the progress of the scan, you can set the logging level to Verbose.
(19-03-2017 22:17)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Please clarify the reference to "since move" in the title of this thread.

The first scan can take a long time. It might find some problems with your files and produce messages telling you this. If you leave the scan running, it should complete eventually. To see the progress of the scan, you can set the logging level to Verbose.
It was working great before I moved a month ago. Finally got around to setting things up again and can't seem to get going. I know it can take a while to scan but I did leave it running all night. I'll try it again tonight but the error messages were making me think things were not working properly.

Started up again and see a warning error scanning file. Java.nio.accessdeniedexception. Not sure what this is.
If you leave the scan to finish (using Verbose logging to confirm that this has happened), does the yellow icon change to transparent or to red?

If you get any exception messages (you have mentioned two already), please post the full text of the exception message together with the full stack trace that follows the message. You can copy and paste this information from the MinimServer log.
(20-03-2017 09:20)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]If you leave the scan to finish (using Verbose logging to confirm that this has happened), does the yellow icon change to transparent or to red?

If you get any exception messages (you have mentioned two already), please post the full text of the exception message together with the full stack trace that follows the message. You can copy and paste this information from the MinimServer log.
Quick update. Minimserver has not made complete scan and has been scanning since 3/19. I think there is an issue with my HDD or something. Files are on an external HDD. I can see the folders but when I open those no files are visible. I don't know what is going on. Very strange and extremely frustrating. Maybe my HDD is going bad. Any thoughts on that?
Have you enabled verbose logging as I suggested? If so, you can leave the log window open during the scan to observe what folders are being scanned. When you do this, what do you see in the log?
(24-03-2017 23:10)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Have you enabled verbose logging as I suggested? If so, you can leave the log window open during the scan to observe what folders are being scanned. When you do this, what do you see in the log?
I did and it looked to me that it had made it to the Cs of my files. I've been running this setup for a couple of years a d have never had this issue before. When I first setup my Ma mini with external HDD it seems like the initial scan was a few hours. This last attempt was several days and had not scanned but few hundred files. It doesn't help my frustration that I'm not very knowledgable with computers. I know enough to be dangerous. I really appreciate your attempt at helping me.
I just checked it again. I restarted the scan again last night and this time it does look different. I don't see the warning messages that I posted earlier. It is show scanning directory. This is different so maybe it will work this time. I'll update later. Thanks again.
All of this suggests there might be a problem with the disk drive. Perhaps it was dropped during the moving process.
Reference URL's