MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Added AudioFormat to indexTags, but still seeing >>Complete Album on multi-disc album
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running MinimServer 0.8.4 update 97, on a Synology DS213, and browsing via BubbleUPnP 2.8.7 on my Nexus 5.

My music collection contains FLAC and MP3 files often for the same album (depending on where I'll be playing it) so I've updated my indexTags property to:
Artist, Date, Genre, #AudioFormat:Format, All Artists, Composer, Conductor, Orchestra

Then in BubbleUPnP I can navigate to: Artist -> Format -> FLAC -> Album
or: Artist -> Format -> MP3 -> Album as necessary.

This seems to work fine most of the time, but for some multi-disc albums, of which I have MP3 and FLAC versions, when I select FLAC or MP3 I don't see the Album, instead I see >> Complete Album then a list of tracks, it doesn't seem to group the tracks together in BubbleUPnP and doesn't show the usual Album Header (with album art, total time etc.) and so I can't select all the tracks at once to add to a playlist with the + button.

I've tried retagging, removing extraneous tags, but I'm not sure what the issue is. Any help would be appreciated.
The rules for merging folders into albums are described in this section. Folders containing tracks from multi-disc albums are merged automatically by default and this includes both your MP3 and FLAC files. To prevent this from happening, you can use match filters in the folder names, for example:

My album disc folder ['mp3']
My album disc folder ['flac']
(07-03-2017 21:39)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The rules for merging folders into albums are described in this section. Folders containing tracks from multi-disc albums are merged automatically by default and this includes both your MP3 and FLAC files. To prevent this from happening, you can use match filters in the folder names, for example:

My album disc folder ['mp3']
My album disc folder ['flac']

Thanks for the reply, at the root of my music I have 2 folders: Lossy and Lossless, which splits my music by MP3 and FLAC. I don't want to navigate via Folder view as I have not got all my music in both formats (only about 50%), but I would like to be able to see all my artists at once and then select the best quality available.

Reading your link about how folders are merged, the match filters is an interesting option but I don't really want to have to rename thousands of folders (I know this is relatively easy using Foobar2k). The main reason being as I've already got the formats split under my root music folder.

From your link, as I have mergeFolderAlbums to false, it seems to be merging because The folder album contents include a DISCNUMBER tag - is there anyway I can stop this behaviour without using match filters?
I think the only other way would be to rename the albums, for example as albumname [MP3] and albumname [FLAC].
Reference URL's