MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimServer unreachable since updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,
About 2 days ago my QNAP TS-451+ (Intel x64) was updated to QTS 4.3.3.0095 and afterwards there was also an update for MinimServer (0.8.4.5 it says in the App Centre info) and since then MinimServer has become unusable/unreachable.
Even from the app-centre it can't reach the page on port 9790 anymore and of course also MinimWatch on PC is now grey and also my control-point (Lumin) says MinimServer is offline.
Have already checked FireWall-settings for Java on the PC but that's okay and of course that still wouldn't explain why Lumin also can't reach it anymore.
Luckily I'm in between streamers as I've sold one and am waiting for another to arrive but otherwise I would not be able to listen to my own music right now.
No idea what's causing this so help appreciated.
Regards, Louis.
@Simon,
I'm getting the impression that this is the special Melco version that presented itself as an upgrade for my QNAP?
Regards, Louis.
I have done the same updates as you and MinimServer is running OK. Do you have the JRE package installed and is it running (orange)? It needs to be orange for MinimServer to work.

The 0.8.4.5 for QNAP is correct. It is not the Melco version of 0.8.4.5.

If you open App Center, is the MinimServer icon green or grey? If it is grey, try doing Start. If it is green, try doing Stop and then Start.
Java (8.101) is indeed orange and MinimServer is green in the App Center.
Have tried yet again and stopped both and then started Java first and then MinimServer, both running but can't open MinimServer from the App Center.
I seem to remember some other updates for several of the *** Station apps from QNAP at the same time (though I don't use any of them) ...
No idea why this suddenly happens and nothing else changed in my network etc.?
Louis.
What do you see in the minimserver.log file on the Public share?
MinimServer 0.8.4.5 update 97, Copyright © 2012-2017 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
MinimStreamer 0.6.1, Copyright © 2012-2016 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)
Java runtime options: -Duser.timezone=Europe/Amsterdam
Platform default charset is UTF-8
MinimServer: startup error
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer/tmp/native/libohNet.so: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer/tmp/native/libohNet.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1941)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1837)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:870)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1122)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.createLibrary(OhNetService.java:598)
Please try doing the following:

1) Login to the NAS using SSH as username admin

2) Enter the following commands:

rm /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer/tmp/native/libohNet.so
rm /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer/tmp/native/libohNetJni.so

3) If you get any errors from running these commands, copy the error message and post it here

4) If you don't get any errors from running these commands, stop and restart MinimServer using the App Center
Only the libohNet.so was there, removed it and stopped/started MinimServer but exactly the same errors still showing up?
Louis.
P.S. Just noticed that the libohNet.so is back again now with date/time-stamp of the MinimServer restart ...
For some reason. MinimServer is using a 32-bit version of the ohNet library instead of a 64-bit version. I haven't yet been able to discover why this is happening and I don't have an Intel QNAP NAS for testing and debugging this myself. (I will purchase one soon.)

As a workaround, please do a manual install of the QNAP x64 version of MinimServer 0.8.4.2 from the Downloads page. Does this work correctly on your NAS?
I guessed as much from where the crash-log said "wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)".
I'll try to do the manual install of the previous version after I find out how to do that AND how to save my config.
Thanks for the support!
Louis.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's