MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Will Updating Melco Firmware Affect MinimServer Install?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Melco just released firmware version v3.21 for its NAS devices. I am running v3.11 on my Melco, which has MinimServer version 0.8.4.4 update 97 installed, as well. If I update to Melco v3.21, would it affect my MinimServer install? Thanks.
The firmware update to 3.21 should not cause any problems. However, it is very important that any new installations of MinimServer on the 3.21 firmware are done using the 0.8.4.5 version of the MinimServer installer for Melco. Using an older version of this installer to install MinimServer on 3.21 could cause you to lose all your data.
Hi Simon, thanks. Everything is running well with v3.11, so I am not sure I want to chance it. Has anyone with a MinimServer install updated from Melco v3.11 to v3.21? If so, how did it go? Thanks.
(25-02-2017 14:40)GreenMtnGringo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon, thanks. Everything is running well with v3.11, so I am not sure I want to chance it. Has anyone with a MinimServer install updated from Melco v3.11 to v3.21? If so, how did it go? Thanks.

I have done this and it went fine.
Okay great to hear, Simon, thanks! Just updated here and all appears well.
Reference URL's