MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimwatch packages gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.
I am running Minimserver on my QNAP, Minimwatch on my PC and streaming to my Lin Akurate.

Minimwatch has recently updated to minimwatch-0.8-updae50. This seems to have deleted my transcoding packages and as all I am now seeing is this update in the Installed package list, There are no other modules to choose from either. I am also now having problems playing tracks from the NAS. I can see the album files as normal from the Linn Kazoo app on my ipad. But now when I try and play or add to playlist the Linn Akurate tries to play the track, cannot so skips to the next and so on.
(I have uninstalled and re installed but this didn't help either)
Does anyone know what has happened? I have been running this set up for a few years previous without any issues.

If I log into the QNAP via its own file manager I can access music and then airplay to the Akurate.

Thanks
To see the MinimServer packages that are installed, you need to select Properties > Packages from the minim icon. It sounds like you are selecting Options > Properties (watch) > Packages from the minim icon and this is showing your MinimWatch packages, not your MinimServer packages.
(18-02-2017 21:22)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]To see the MinimServer packages that are installed, you need to select Properties > Packages from the minim icon. It sounds like you are selecting Options > Properties (watch) > Packages from the minim icon and this is showing you your MinimWatch packages, not your MinimServer packages.

Hi - Yes you are correct I am looking at the Properties (watch). But for some reason I cannot select the main properties option. All the top options are now greyed out so I only have the watch options available. I havnt changed anything on the NAS. the NAS is running
MinimServer 0.8.4 update 97, Copyright © 2012-2017
If you have recently installed a Java update, the Windows firewall might be blocking incoming connections to MinimWatch. Try completely disabling the Windows firewall to see whether this is the cause of the problem.
thanks. Its working now. I just need to find out why the Linn DS will not play the files? Any ideas?
looked at log and its saying unexpected end of file at offset 86 Its saying that for all the flies I am trying to play.
(18-02-2017 22:36)naimconvert Wrote: [ -> ]looked at log and its saying unexpected end of file at offset 86 Its saying that for all the flies I am trying to play.

Please post the exact complete log message.
MinimServer 0.8.4 update 97, Copyright © 2012-2017 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
MinimStreamer 0.6.1, Copyright © 2012-2016 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Embedded Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot™ Embedded Client VM (build 25.65-b01, mixed mode)
Platform default charset is UTF-8
Language setting is 'auto'
Current time is Sat Feb 18 09:18:13 GMT 2017 in time zone GMT
starting MinimServer[BaileyNAS]
Error: unexpected end of file at offset 86 in file Music/Robbie Williams/Swing When You're Winning/12 Robbie Williams - They Can't Take That Away from Me.flac (length 86)
MinimServer[BaileyNAS] is running
restarting MinimServer[BaileyNAS]
Current time is Sat Feb 18 10:15:18 GMT 2017 in time zone GMT
Error: unexpected end of file at offset 86 in file Music/Robbie Williams/Swing When You're Winning/12 Robbie Williams - They Can't Take That Away from Me.flac (length 86)
restarting MinimServer[BaileyNAS]
Current time is Sat Feb 18 14:00:23 GMT 2017 in time zone GMT
It looks like it is just this one file that has a problem (the file is damaged). The problem is not happening when the file is played but when the library is being scanned. It will not prevent other files from being played.
Unfortunately its the same for all files I try and play. the strange thing is if I access the file via the QNAP filemanager and then play on the ipad it works. I can then airplay to the DS.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's