MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimWatch greyed out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have had this issue before but I have no idea how I fixed it.

Basically,

MinimWatch is installed on my PC - running Windows 7
Minimserver is running on my Synology DS216+ NAS
When I launch Minimwatch, and I right click in my icons tray, all the options are greyed out except Options, Refresh and Exit.
My Windows Firewall is controlled by Mcafee and is off.
Mcafee firewall is on - I have turned it off. No difference.
The log shows that the startup subnet is 198.168.1.0 and start-up is complete.
If I then go into Options/Properties there is nothing showing in the ohnet.subnet box. I have tried typing in the above subnet address to no avail.

Can you resolve this for me?
What's the Synology's IP? Can you ping it from the PC?
(04-02-2017 20:13)BlueDog Wrote: [ -> ]What's the Synology's IP? Can you ping it from the PC?

Blue dog, it's:

198.168.1.87.5000 is not a valid IP. Disregarding the .5000 and assuming the first octet is not a typo, can you ping 198.168.1.87?
When you say "ping" the IP number, what do you mean?
Pinging is a command line function that sends a signal to the IP address to see if it responds. The idea is to find out if your pic can "see" the NAS on the network. You can also enter 198.168.1.87:5000 in your browser, that should take you to the Synology main screen. 198.168.1.87 is the ip address of the Synology, 5000 is the port to access it.
You can verify if minimserver is running and accessible by going to its home site on the NAS as well. That should be at port 9790, so enter 198.168.1.87:9790 and see if it brings up the minimserver site. If not, then either minimserver isn't running or your pc is unable to access the Synology.
Firstly, BlueDog you are correct - a typo in the above address.

~ it is 192.168.1.87
~ if I go into my Browser and type the above IP address, it takes me to a Synology Landing Page v slightly different than by clicking my shortcut on my desktop
~ if I then type in 192.168.1.87:9790 it takes me nowhere
~ if I press Windows key + R, then type cmd + enter, then the IP address + enter, I get a default message "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operating program or batch file".

So can I assume that my PC is not now seeing the network device ie my Synology NAS. How to I remedy?
(05-02-2017 18:11)nyron59 Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, BlueDog you are correct - a typo in the above address.

~ it is 192.168.1.87
~ if I go into my Browser and type the above IP address, it takes me to a Synology Landing Page v slightly different than by clicking my shortcut on my desktop
~ if I then type in 192.168.1.87:9790 it takes me nowhere
~ if I press Windows key + R, then type cmd + enter, then the IP address + enter, I get a default message "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operating program or batch file".

So can I assume that my PC is not now seeing the network device ie my Synology NAS. How to I remedy?
At the command prompt type "ping 192.168.1.87". But it looks like you can reach your Synology landing page, so it's running and accessible, just not Minimserver. From the Synology home page, have you verified minimserver is actually running? Go to Package Center and see if Minimserver is running.
If entering 192.168.1.87:9790 into your browser gets you nowhere then it suggests that Minimserver isn't actually running, or hasn't installed correctly - you should see something like this:

[attachment=1322]

I don't have a Synology (QNAP here), so I can't really tell you what to do next. Sad
Ok,

So when I type "ping...." , it gets a reply which basically shows:
Packets sent 4, Received 4, Lost 0

Going into the Synology NAS, Minimserver is showing as "running"

If I go into my PC, Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network Map, it shows:

The following discovered devices can not be placed in the map and then shows the personalised name of my Synology NAS.

Does this give any further clues as to the problem?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's