MinimServer Forum

Full Version: display order of genre tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is there a way in MinimServer to display genre tags in BubbleUPNP other than in alphabetical order? If so, how can I achieve it? Ideally, I would like to sort them individually (for example classical genres first, then non-classical).

Regards

Tim
You can do this fairly easily with a combination of existing MinimServer features.

Any tag can have an optional sort value and you can specify this sort value by using the value.sort option in the tagValue property. For example, by setting Genre.value.sort={GenreSort}, the value of the GenreSort tag is used as the sort value for the Genre tag. For this to work, you also need to add GenreSort to the itemTags property.

You could populate GenreSort tags by hand but this would be quite tedious. A better approach is to use the tagUpdate facility to create the GenreSort tags that you want. For example, if you have classical genres Symphony and Violin and other genres Pop and Rock, you can put this in your tagUpdate file:

@GENRE=Symphony
+GENRESORT=1Symphony
@GENRE=Violin
+GENRESORT=1Violin
@GENRE=Pop
+GENRESORT=2Pop
@GENRE=Rock
+GENRESORT=2Rock

In combination with the Genre.value.sort={GenreSort} setting, this will put Symphony and Violin ahead of Pop and Rock in the sorted list of genres.
Great! Thank you for your prompt answer!!
Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I suppose I am missing something. In particular, I am not sure about the file format. Here is what I did:

1) I prepared a tagupdate file in my text editor, this is in excerpt:

@GENRE=Klassik
+GENRESORT=1Klassik
@GENRE=Oper
+GENRESORT=2Oper
@GENRE=Rock & Pop
+GENRESORT=3Rock & Pop
@GENRE=Electro & Hiphop
+GENRESORT=4Electro & Hiphop

2) I saved the file as tagupdate.txt in utf-format and put it in my Music folder on my hard drive which is synched with QSync to QNAP which is home of Minimserver.

3) I saved the QSync path in Properties of Minimwatch (which accepts the path):
/share/homes/admin/.Qsync/tagupdate.txt

4) All files were synched.

Result: It doesn't work. The display order of Genre tags didn't change although I restarted and rescanned the libary.

Can anybody help?
Just to be sure, did you also (as Simon advised)

1. add GenreSort to the itemTags property;
2. set Genre.value.sort={GenreSort} in the tagValue property?

David
Confused Indeed, I forgot about it, sorry.

Everything perfect now! Thanks!!
Reference URL's