MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Distortion at start of the first track
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(06-02-2017 15:54)bbill Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2017 11:36)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Is 'flac:wav24;' better than 'flac:wav24', or it is worse, or is there no difference?
no difference...
the actual stream.transcode is : flac:wav24;, dsf:wav24;88
from time to time, I still have the problem and only at the very start of a flac track
Am I missing something here? Why not remove the flac transcoding altogether? The Classé 2200I is supposed to support flac natively. If converting from flac to wav24 outside the Classé 2200I produces a better sound, then there's something wrong with it.
You also say that you are using BubbleUpnpServer. Presumably this is to provide an OpenHome renderer, so that you can use Lumin. On the basis of simplifying everything you could try to use a control point that worked directly with your Classé 2200I. I have no experience of IOS, so can't suggest anything, as I use BubbleUpnp on Android. Classé suggest that Plugplay works. I'm sure that others could recommend an IOS app.
(07-02-2017 00:30)skeptic Mike Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2017 15:54)bbill Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2017 11:36)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Is 'flac:wav24;' better than 'flac:wav24', or it is worse, or is there no difference?
no difference...
the actual stream.transcode is : flac:wav24;, dsf:wav24;88
from time to time, I still have the problem and only at the very start of a flac track
Am I missing something here? Why not remove the flac transcoding altogether? The Classé 2200I is supposed to support flac natively. If converting from flac to wav24 outside the Classé 2200I produces a better sound, then there's something wrong with it.
You also say that you are using BubbleUpnpServer. Presumably this is to provide an OpenHome renderer, so that you can use Lumin. On the basis of simplifying everything you could try to use a control point that worked directly with your Classé 2200I. I have no experience of IOS, so can't suggest anything, as I use BubbleUpnp on Android. Classé suggest that Plugplay works. I'm sure that others could recommend an IOS app.

The OpenHome renderer is not there so you can use Lumin (Lumin works fine without it). It is there so you can hook in to hi-fi streaming services like TIDAL and Qobuz.
(07-02-2017 11:22)Pepsican Wrote: [ -> ]The OpenHome renderer is not there so you can use Lumin (Lumin works fine without it).

sorry, the Lumin app is not working without BubbleUPnP making the Classé an OpenHome renderer.. I'm maybe missing something ??
(07-02-2017 00:30)skeptic Mike Wrote: [ -> ]Why not remove the flac transcoding altogether? The Classé 2200I is supposed to support flac natively.

good idea !! without 'flac:wav 24', it's may be more stable (except if I jump often from one track to another one..) and no more transcoding ! Confused
a problem without a solution is a poorly stated problem ! Cool
(04-02-2017 11:36)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]If this happens at some times but not other times, it is likely to be caused by interference from other traffic on your network.

since today, it works now perfectly (100%) and I still do not understand why ! Huh
sorry to disturb you.. for problems I can not explain..
(07-02-2017 16:58)bbill Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2017 11:22)Pepsican Wrote: [ -> ]The OpenHome renderer is not there so you can use Lumin (Lumin works fine without it).

sorry, the Lumin app is not working without BubbleUPnP making the Classé an OpenHome renderer.. I'm maybe missing something ??

OpenHome is a Linn Audio developed add-on to the UPnP standard. If BubbleUPnP is not running, the Lumin app will use standard UPnP to communicate with the Classe amp. And it is in OpenHome that the protocols for communication with TIDAL and Qobuz are integrated. In other words, you do not need OpenHome to communicate between the Lumin app and your amp. Having OpenHome just adds some additional features.
As I understand it, the LUMIN app supports only OpenHome renderers and does not support standard UPnP renderers.
(15-02-2017 10:37)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]As I understand it, the LUMIN app supports only OpenHome renderers and does not support standard UPnP renderers.

I have no problems connecting with Lumin to my Sonore mRendu. Although now I think of it, that may be through DLNA rather than UPnP. The difference for me between running BubbleUPnP or not, is that I do or do not have access to Tidal and Qobuz.
(15-02-2017 10:42)Pepsican Wrote: [ -> ]I have no problems connecting with Lumin to my Sonore mRendu. Although now I think of it, that may be through DLNA rather than UPnP. The difference for me between running BubbleUPnP or not, is that I do or do not have access to Tidal and Qobuz.

From the Sonore microRendu page:

Mode #3a - DLNA Output - This output utilizes streams from UPNP/DLNA servers and controllers. This output can be configured as an OpenHome renderer. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD*.

It sounds like the microRendu is providing OpenHome renderer support and this is why it works with the LUMIN app.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's