MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Distortion at start of the first track
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My configuration : Synology DS412+, MinimServer, MinimStreamer (flac:wav24;96, dsf:wav24;88), BubbleUPnP Server, iPad (Lumin app), and a Classé 2200I (Integrated amplifier - network connection with DNLA protocol)

The issue : I’m hearing garbled sounds at the very start of each first track of a record (never later on), all tracks are converted via minimstreamer (see above)
Is anyone else experiencing anything like this? I suspect its a network issue but not sure what to do ?

Tks for help (and sorry for my poor english..)
bbill
(29-01-2017 17:30)bbill Wrote: [ -> ]My configuration : Synology DS412+, MinimServer, MinimStreamer (flac:wav24;96, dsf:wav24;88), BubbleUPnP Server, iPad (Lumin app), and a Classé 2200I (Integrated amplifier - network connection with DNLA protocol)

The issue : I’m hearing garbled sounds at the very start of each first track of a record (never later on), all tracks are converted via minimstreamer (see above)
Is anyone else experiencing anything like this? I suspect its a network issue but not sure what to do ?

Tks for help (and sorry for my poor english..)
bbill

And when you play the file un-transformed, do you have this too? I assume your FLAC is 16/44.1? Or is it all kinds of bitrates? What about your DSF? What version of FFMPEG do you use? Is it the standard one? What platform are you (Windows, MacOS, Synology, Qnap)?

I upsample my flac to 24 bit WAV and things are fine.
Please try changing the stream.transcode property to 'flac:wav24' and then restart MinimServer and play a FLAC file. Do you still get the problem?

If this works OK, change the stream.transcode property to 'flac:wav24;' and then restart MinimServer and play a FLAC file. Do you get the problem?
(30-01-2017 10:56)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Please try changing the stream.transcode property to 'flac:wav24' and then restart MinimServer and play a FLAC file. Do you still get the problem?

If this works OK, change the stream.transcode property to 'flac:wav24;' and then restart MinimServer and play a FLAC file. Do you get the problem?

Simon, Thank you for your support. I took some time to answer because, there is an improvement, but from time to time I still have the problem and only at the very start of the first track with flac:wav24 !! on the other hand dsf:wav24;88 is working without any problem ! It's maybe MinimServer/BubbleUpnP-Server issue ?
(04-02-2017 09:55)bbill Wrote: [ -> ]Simon, Thank you for your support. I took some time to answer because, there is an improvement, but from time to time I still have the problem and only at the very start of the first track with flac:wav24 !! on the other hand dsf:wav24;88 is working without any problem ! It's maybe MinimServer/BubbleUpnP-Server issue ?

I'm not sure from this whether 'flac:wav24;' (with a semicolon) is working any better than 'flac:wav24' (without a semicolon). Please confirm.
(04-02-2017 10:26)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2017 09:55)bbill Wrote: [ -> ]Simon, Thank you for your support. I took some time to answer because, there is an improvement, but from time to time I still have the problem and only at the very start of the first track with flac:wav24 !! on the other hand dsf:wav24;88 is working without any problem ! It's maybe MinimServer/BubbleUpnP-Server issue ?

I'm not sure from this whether 'flac:wav24;' (with a semicolon) is working any better than 'flac:wav24' (without a semicolon). Please confirm.

the stream transcode used is :
flac:wav24, dsf:wav24;88
(04-02-2017 10:26)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]whether 'flac:wav24;' (with a semicolon) is working any better than 'flac:wav24' (without a semicolon). Please confirm.
with
flac:wav24;, dsf:wav24;88
I’m hearing some time garbled sounds (1 second) at the start of a flac track.. (dsf is ok !)

10' later with the same config, everything look's ok.. I do not understand ! Huh
Is 'flac:wav24;' better than 'flac:wav24', or it is worse, or is there no difference?

If this happens at some times but not other times, it is likely to be caused by interference from other traffic on your network.
With my dacs I'm often missing a second or so of the first track of an album. This happens when the frequency of the tracks is different. Since I'm trancoding all to wav24;96 this is solved between albums. It still happens when changing from streaming Qobuz 44.1khz to Minimserver streaming wav24;96. I think this is a dac issue because I can hear the dac switching.
(04-02-2017 11:36)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Is 'flac:wav24;' better than 'flac:wav24', or it is worse, or is there no difference?
no difference...
the actual stream.transcode is : flac:wav24;, dsf:wav24;88
from time to time, I still have the problem and only at the very start of a flac track
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's