MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Help ! Synology / Minimserver / Ministreamer / Bubble / Lumin app / Chromecast Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I managed to install Minimserver and Bubbleupnp on my Synology DS212j.
Control app is the Lumin on Ipad, Rendered is a Chromecast Audio.
I works, ..but i need to transcode alac and dsd that are not supported by Chromecast.
So I installed Minimstreamer. This is where I need help: now the chromecast doesn't play anything anymore from Minimserver (it works with other apps).
I think I missed something with ffmpeg and that minimstreamer doesn't transcode. Or is Bubbleupnp trying to transcode also and there is a conflict ?..

Thanks for your help.

Nicolas
Or maybe I can find somewhere a step by step setup installation of minimstreamer and ffmpeg ?
You don't need to install ffmpeg. It is already preinstalled as part of Synology DSM and MinimStreamer will automatically find and use the preinstalled version.

What transcoding settings have you used for MinimStreamer?
(24-01-2017 22:16)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to install ffmpeg. It is already preinstalled as part of Synology DSM and MinimStreamer will automatically find and use the preinstalled version.

What transcoding settings have you used for MinimStreamer?

Hello,

I tried several different: alac:flac, alac:wave, alac:wave24
Nothing worked.

I wonder if I didn't forget something in the console.
Or maybe Bubbleupnp interferes with minimstreamer ?

Thanks for your support !
None of these settings is correct. Try alac:wav or alac:wav24.
(31-01-2017 16:42)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]None of these settings is correct. Try alac:wav or alac:wav24.

Sorry: that is what I tried.

I think something is missing in my installation: there is nothing in the BIN folder.
See this post. On a Synology NAS, ffmpeg is preinstalled and doesn't need to be in the opt/bin folder.
(31-01-2017 17:33)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]See this post. On a Synology NAS, ffmpeg is preinstalled and doesn't need to be in the opt/bin folder.

Hello,

I tried alac:wav then alac:wav24 then alac:flac. Nothing worked. I really thing minimstreamer is not active. Where can I check if everything is ok ?

Thanks
If you can see the stream.transcode property and enter values there, MinimStreamer is active.
(01-02-2017 11:23)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]If you can see the stream.transcode property and enter values there, MinimStreamer is active.

So what do you think it may be ?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's