MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Java Synology Package required
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to install MinimServer on my new Synology NAS216J system. During the install process the package reports "Failed to install Minimserver" and goes on to state that Java is not installed or properly configured - Download and install the Java Synology Package. Where do I find this package and I assume it's talking about installation on my Synology device itself?
Yes, this message is about the Synology installation of MinimServer and Java.

You can find full installation instructions on this page. If you are running DSM 6.0, the instructions for installing Java are in this section.
(21-01-2017 22:08)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, this message is about the Synology installation of MinimServer and Java.

You can find full installation instructions on this page. If you are running DSM 6.0, the instructions for installing Java are in this section.

Thanks for the info. It helped a log except that the Java8 package was in the Developers Tools category rather than Utilities category. This took some searching but I finally figured it out. I now have the packages installed. I now need to figure out how to use the software.
(22-01-2017 04:28)Sailormandave Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info. It helped a log except that the Java8 package was in the Developers Tools category rather than Utilities category. This took some searching but I finally figured it out. I now have the packages installed. I now need to figure out how to use the software.

Thanks for letting me know about this. I have updated the installation page.
Reference URL's