MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver broken after update to 0.8.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay ... so I downloaded the MinimServer-0.8.4-linux-x86.tar.gz file and put it in /opt (where my minimserver folder resides). Made a copy of the existing minimserver folder first.

Following the instructions I did
Code:
minimserver/bin/update MinimServer-0.8.4-linux-x86.tar.gz

Minimserver said it updated properly, but when trying to start (minimserver/bin/startc) I get the errors...
Code:
MinimServer 0.8.4 update 96, Copyright (c) 2012-2017 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
MinimStreamer 0.6.1, Copyright (c) 2012-2016 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
OpenJDK Server VM warning: You have loaded library /opt/minimserver/tmp/native/libohNet.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/minimserver/tmp/native/libohNet.so: /opt/minimserver/tmp/native/libohNet.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(ClassLoader.java:1965)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1890)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1864)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:849)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1088)
    at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.createLibrary(OhNetService.java:598)
    at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.createDeviceStack(OhNetService.java:505)
    at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.createDeviceFactory(OhNetService.java:408)
    at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.access$2100(OhNetService.java:49)
    at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService$Proxy.createDeviceFactory(OhNetService.java:1035)
    at org.jminim.lib.MonitorService$Monitor.createDevice(MonitorService.java:263)
    at org.jminim.lib.MonitorService$Monitor.listenerAdded(MonitorService.java:339)
    at org.jminim.core.RuntimeImpl.addEventListener(RuntimeImpl.java:1280)
    at org.jminim.lib.RuntimeService$Proxy.addEventListener(RuntimeService.java:217)
    at com.minimserver.Server.doStart(Server.java:746)
    at com.minimserver.Server.start(Server.java:503)
    at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.startComponent(ContextImpl.java:153)
    at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.start(ContextImpl.java:78)
    at org.jminim.core.RootContextImpl.startComponent(RootContextImpl.java:48)
    at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.start(ContextImpl.java:78)
    at org.jminim.core.RuntimeImpl.run(RuntimeImpl.java:1412)
    at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.run(LauncherImpl.java:1124)
    at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.launch(LauncherImpl.java:135)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.jav​a:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
    at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.doLaunch(Launcher.java:677)
    at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:210)
    at com.minimserver.launch.LaunchServer.main(LaunchServer.java:34)
MinimServer error: now stopped, use 'restart' or 'exit'

If I copy the old minimserver folder back then 0.8.3 still runs.

Any ideas? Thanks Eloise[/code]
The message about stack guard looks scary but it is just a warning. It seems to come up with some versions of Linux but not others. Which version of Linux are you using? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

This message about "wrong ELF class" is the major problem. It is saying you are running 64-bit MinimServer with 32-bit Java. This is surprising as you say you are running the linux-x86 version of MinimServer, which is a 32-bit binary (ELFCLASS32). Did you by any chance previously install the linux-x64 version?
Ahhh ... perhaps so ... or more to the point perhaps I have downloaded the wrong version and need the 64bit version ... let me try downloading that!

Or at least I'm using the wrong version ... I'm getting my 32 and 64 bit versions mixed up. I think I've tried to install the 64 bit version of 0.8.4 over 32 bit version of 0.8.3.

My Frankenstein Vortexbox is coming back to haunt me!
Thanks for the pointer Simon ... I was getting my 64 and 32 bit versions mixed up!

(In other words I was being an idiot!)
It is easy to get confused over this. On some platforms (Windows and Synology), this 32/64-bit mismatch has caused similar problems for many users and I have solved this by combining both x86 and x64 into a single Intel package. I will do this for the Linux and QNAP packages soon.
Reference URL's