MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Gaps between tracks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just installed MinimServer on my iMac and linked it to the folder containing my iTunes music library. I'm streaming music over ethernet to a Yamaha MusicCast WXC-50.

I've been listening to Sony's new recording of Don Giovanni and the problem I'm encountering is the gap between tracks. Regularly one track seems to clunk into another – whereas if I listen on my iMac, the transition between tracks is smooth and just as it should be. So this seems to be an issue with either MinimServer or the Yamaha or they way the two are interacting.

I'm a novice here and I'm really disappointed at how things are working. I'd really appreciate advice on sorting things out.

Philip
Gapless playback is a feature of the renderer and control point that you are using. If these support gapless playback, it will work with MinimServer.

According to the online owner's manual for the WXC-50 (page 45), gapless playback is supported for WAV, FLAC, ALAC and AIFF files only. What is the file format of your Don Giovanni recording?
Thank you for responding to my question. The file format of my Don Giovanni recording is ALAC, originally bought as a FLAC96 from High Res Audio. Does this give you the information you need?

Philip
ALAC is listed as a supported format for gapless playback on the WXC-50. I suggest you contact Yamaha technical support and ask them why this isn't playing gaplessly for you.
Simon, thanks again, both for your advice and for the app. I don't know what was going on but having unplugged and restarted the WXC-50, the problem seems to have gone away and all's well. I hope I haven't wasted your time. Best wishes, Philip
Reference URL's