MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Problem with HD download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I downloaded the new Neil Young (Peace Trail) in 24/192 from HiResAudio.com. It plays fine via Twonky but won't play via Minim Sever. Any idea what the problem might be? It sometimes starts and stops a bit but mostly just won't play at all. When I use the Melco N1's own library it plays perfectly but I prefer to use MinimServer - it's the same file so I don't know what the problem might be.
It is possible that the Twonky startup scan is consuming so much CPU resource that MinimServer can't function normally. You can try stopping Twonky by editing the minimserver.options file as described in this section. Alternatively, you can wait an hour of two after powering on the N1 to see if the problem goes away. If it does go away, it is likely to be caused by interference from the Twonky startup scan.
(26-12-2016 22:45)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]It is possible that the Twonky startup scan is consuming so much CPU resource that MinimServer can't function normally. You can try stopping Twonky by editing the minimserver.options file as described in this section. Alternatively, you can wait an hour of two after powering on the N1 to see if the problem goes away. If it does go away, it is likely to be caused by interference from the Twonky startup scan.
Thansk Simon. I will have a go at disabling the Twonky start up scan today.
Charles
(27-12-2016 11:38)charlesbeckerson@yahoo.co.uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-12-2016 22:45)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]It is possible that the Twonky startup scan is consuming so much CPU resource that MinimServer can't function normally. You can try stopping Twonky by editing the minimserver.options file as described in this section. Alternatively, you can wait an hour of two after powering on the N1 to see if the problem goes away. If it does go away, it is likely to be caused by interference from the Twonky startup scan.
Charles
Simon, how do I edit the Twonky setting from False to True? When I open up the folder as describe in the link it does not seem to give me editing options...
I have followed this -
[NEW] Twonky and MinimServer should both start automatically when the N1 is powered on. Having Twonky running as well as MinimServer can cause performance issues with a large library. To stop Twonky running, you can edit the minimserver.options file in the share/MinimServer/etc folder and change the stoptwonky setting from false to true. This setting will take effect the next time you power on the N1.

But when I click on minimserver.options I get a non-editable terminal window.
(27-12-2016 11:48)charlesbeckerson@yahoo.co.uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-12-2016 11:38)charlesbeckerson@yahoo.co.uk Wrote: [ -> ]
Charles
Simon, how do I edit the Twonky setting from False to True? When I open up the folder as describe in the link it does not seem to give me editing options...
I have followed this -
[NEW] Twonky and MinimServer should both start automatically when the N1 is powered on. Having Twonky running as well as MinimServer can cause performance issues with a large library. To stop Twonky running, you can edit the minimserver.options file in the share/MinimServer/etc folder and change the stoptwonky setting from false to true. This setting will take effect the next time you power on the N1.

But when I click on minimserver.options I get a non-editable terminal window.
Really frustrated by this. Does anyone know how I can edit the setting from false to true in the minimserver.options file? It doesn't let me type in the box...
I use a PC. When I locate the file using file explorer and double click on it, I get a window open which asks me how I want to open this type of file, one of the choices is Notepad, which is what I used.

If you have previous set a file association for .options to something odd, then you can right click on the file and select open with, and then chose an appropriate program.

If you're using a Mac, then I don't know :-)
(27-12-2016 21:14)Peter@57m Wrote: [ -> ]I use a PC. When I locate the file using file explorer and double click on it, I get a window open which asks me how I want to open this type of file, one of the choices is Notepad, which is what I used.

If you have previous set a file association for .options to something odd, then you can right click on the file and select open with, and then chose an appropriate program.

Thank you. Unfortunately, I am using a Mac!
(27-12-2016 21:19)Melco Man Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-12-2016 21:14)Peter@57m Wrote: [ -> ]I use a PC. When I locate the file using file explorer and double click on it, I get a window open which asks me how I want to open this type of file, one of the choices is Notepad, which is what I used.

Thank you. Unfortunately, I am using a Mac!
I'm still hoping somebody can help me resolve this...
This is what I get when I click on minimserver.options
Last login: Tue Dec 27 17:57:25 on ttys000
CHARLESs-MBP:~ charlesbeckerson1$ /Volumes/share/MinimServer/etc/minimserver.options ; exit;
/Volumes/share/MinimServer/etc/minimserver.options: line 1: stoptwonky: command not found
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

But I have no editing possibilities...
On a Mac, you should be able to open the minimserver.options file with TextEdit to make this change.
(27-12-2016 23:22)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]On a Mac, you should be able to open the minimserver.options file with TextEdit to make this change.
I tried TextEdit but it makes me save it as a duplicate as it says I do not have permission to unlock it?? I have saved the duplicate but daren't delete anything from the original files. Please advise as I feel like we're NEARLY there! Desperate to play my wife's Christmas present (Neil Young - Peace Trail!).
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's