MinimServer Forum

Full Version: curious warnings in server log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am I right in assuming that the warnings like this:

current sort value is '1989'; new sort value is '1999' do come from.

also do appear in the logfile even if defined
mergeFolderAlbums = false
? I do ask because I thought at if defined there can't be warning, so that one gets reminded by the warning to set up minim that way?

Mostly happens upon differnt releases equal albumtitle same artist. But I found some which also seem to apply upon 'Greatest Hits' albums, which surely do have differnt dates for sorting, since not all artists did their greatest hits in a common year?

Or must I look deeping into my metadata since the above mentioned things aren't the issue for the warnings?
The message means you have tried to assign different sort values to the same tag value. Each tag value can only have one sort value as it can only appear in one position in a sorted list.
(26-12-2016 22:34)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The message means you have tried to assign different sort values to the same tag value.
Must be the album.value.sort={Date] in tagValue I tried to see what the effect will be. And I can't name an effect at all. So I remove that one again.
If you want to sort an album list by date, see this section for details of how to do this using the Album.sortTags option.
Rather than start a new thread I thought I would add my latest here.

Error: Invalid MIME type 'image/jpeg;charset=ISO-8859-1' at offset 450 in file The Beatles/Past Masters CD 1 - 24/13 - Matchbox (2009 Digital Remaster).flac (length 24234370)

This has appeared in the log recently despite the album remaining the same for ages and the error is replicated across several different servers. I wonder if this has been thrown out by some improvement/change to the minimserver code in one of the releases.

I can't see anything obviously wrong. The file is one from the apple usb drive that was sold a while back that had all of the albums in flac and so it's not even a conversion by me. All of the other albums on there are OK. I can see an image embedded (in the audio properties) which opens up fine.

I was going to simply remove the current art and then add another copy but so far I haven't been able to find exactly the same image online. I will keep looking though.

Any explanation or better suggestions Simon?

Oh - I should have wished you a Merry Xmas first of course!
One suggestion. I have to explain the steps with MP3Tag, as that is what I use, but if you are using a Mac, I guess that Metadatics or whatever will do something similar.

Open the offending album in MP3Tag. Select all tracks. Right click on the album image and select 'Copy cover'. Right click again and select 'Remove cover'. Right click a third time and select 'Paste cover'. Then click the Save icon on the toolbar. MP3Tag will re-save the metadata, hopefully with the correct MIME type this time, and the original image will still be used.

David
(28-12-2016 21:15)DavidHB Wrote: [ -> ]One suggestion. I have to explain the steps with MP3Tag, as that is what I use, but if you are using a Mac, I guess that Metadatics or whatever will do something similar.

Open the offending album in MP3Tag. Select all tracks. Right click on the album image and select 'Copy cover'. Right click again and select 'Remove cover'. Right click a third time and select 'Paste cover'. Then click the Save icon on the toolbar. MP3Tag will re-save the metadata, hopefully with the correct MIME type this time, and the original image will still be used.

David

Thanks David I will try that tomorrow sometime.
(29-12-2016 01:23)Martin H Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks David I will try that tomorrow sometime.

I missed out the final step. When you have changed all the albums you are fixing, do a rescan in MimimServer, and check the log.

David
(28-12-2016 16:24)Martin H Wrote: [ -> ]Rather than start a new thread I thought I would add my latest here.

Error: Invalid MIME type 'image/jpeg;charset=ISO-8859-1' at offset 450 in file The Beatles/Past Masters CD 1 - 24/13 - Matchbox (2009 Digital Remaster).flac (length 24234370)

It is better to start a new thread for a different problem. Please see this thread for an explanation of what is causiing the problem. The solution is as DavidHB has described.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Reference URL's