MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Invalid Mime Type?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just updated to the latest version. MinimServer seemed to take a long time to restart. When it did, I checked the Log and found a number of files (from 3 Beatles albums) were reporting an error. The first one read:

Error: Invalid MIME type 'image/jpeg;charset=ISO-8859-1' at offset 480 in file 24-Bit/Music/Beatles, The/Abbey Road (Studio Master)/01 - Come Together (2009 Digital Remaster).flac (length 49206614)

This error seems to affect all of the tracks from the 3 24 Bit Beatles albums. I cannot see any issue. I certainly never had any report like this before. I see that the three affected albums no longer appear in Kinsky which is a problem.

I don't mind fixing the tags or the album thumbnails if that is what is wrong, but it would be helpful to know what it is that needs fixing.

Incidentally, due to extreme paranoia, I keep my library on 3 separate NAS devices. I get exactly the same report on each library so I think it unlikely that this is a file corruption problem.

It would be nice to get my albums back... Any ideas?
A quick update. Using MP3Tag, I removed the image file from my 'Abbey Road' Studio Master files. I then attached a new JPEG image. Lo and behold, 'Abbey Road' now appears in Kinsky and there is no error message on the Log. Any thoughts? I could reattach new images to all 3 albums on all three devices (and my three back up HDs I use). But if there was an easier way....
(23-12-2016 07:03)gnomus Wrote: [ -> ]A quick update. Using MP3Tag, I removed the image file from my 'Abbey Road' Studio Master files. I then attached a new JPEG image. Lo and behold, 'Abbey Road' now appears in Kinsky and there is no error message on the Log. Any thoughts? I could reattach new images to all 3 albums on all three devices (and my three back up HDs I use). But if there was an easier way....

MinimServer is not happy with the image MIME type 'image/jpeg;charset=ISO-8859-1'. For an image type, it makes no sense to specify a charset. By replacing the image, you have probably changed 'image/jpeg;charset=ISO-8859-1' to 'image/jpeg', which is supported by MinimServer.

I will probably change MinimServer in a future update to accept charsets with images but I can't say when this will happen.
(23-12-2016 20:53)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-12-2016 07:03)gnomus Wrote: [ -> ]A quick update. Using MP3Tag, I removed the image file from my 'Abbey Road' Studio Master files. I then attached a new JPEG image. Lo and behold, 'Abbey Road' now appears in Kinsky and there is no error message on the Log. Any thoughts? I could reattach new images to all 3 albums on all three devices (and my three back up HDs I use). But if there was an easier way....

MinimServer is not happy with the image MIME type 'image/jpeg;charset=ISO-8859-1'. For an image type, it makes no sense to specify a charset. By replacing the image, you have probably changed 'image/jpeg;charset=ISO-8859-1' to 'image/jpeg', which is supported by MinimServer.

I will probably change MinimServer in a future update to accept charsets with images but I can't say when this will happen.

Thanks Simon. The curious thing though is that I never had this issue before the current version of Minimserver installed this morning. And I have had these Beatles albums for some time - probably around 2 years. It is funny it never cropped up before.

If I need to embed new images though, I can do that.
The new update has added MIME type checks for images. Previously, there was no checking for whether or not the image MIME type is valid.

I will modify the checking rules in the next update but this is unlikely to be available before the new year.
(23-12-2016 22:57)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The new update has added MIME type checks for images. Previously, there was no checking for whether or not the image MIME type is valid.

I will modify the checking rules in the next update but this is unlikely to be available before the new year.

OK, so that makes sense. I will amend the embedded images. I am pleased that only 3 albums were incorrectly tagged.
There is a change in update 96 to ignore any charset parameters that might be present in an embedded image MIME type.

I have also taken the opportunity to validate all MIME types for embedded artwork as being one of the following:

image/jpeg
image/jpg (incorrect but sometimes used in place of the above)
image/png
image/bmp
image/gif

If something else is specified for the MIME type, a warning message will be written to the log and the file will be included in the library without an artwork image.
Reference URL's