MinimServer Forum

Full Version: HEOS BBC HLS streams - error 23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Am trying to get BBC HLS streams to play on a HEOS amp (V1). I have set up minimserver/streamer with ffmpeg and it's showing green. I've set transcode to L16. I've checked the streams on a local Panasonic TV and they work fine, so this is a HEOS issue.

I can see the minimserver folder on the HEOS app on my phone, but when I select a station to play I get an instant error msg : 'An unknown error occurred (error code -23) please try again later'. It does this instantly, so I suspect it's not even trying to play the stream.

I've tried changing the transcode to wav and mp3 and nothing, and it's the same.

Is this the known issue that HEOS needs a certified DLNA which is not what minimserver offers?

HEOS is very capable of playing files over DLNA/J river. And have got it to recieve the streams from my PC using 'Stream What You Hear'. But would love the convenience of selecting stations on the app.

Thanks for any guidance.
To understand what is happening, I would need to see a trace log. Please do the following:

1) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
2) In the log window, change the logging level to Trace
3) Leave the log window open
4) Try to play a radio stream (just one attempt)
5) In the log window, click 'Save as' to save a log file
6) In the log window, change the logging level back to Info
7) Zip the saved log file and attach it to a post here

I will look at the log file and let you know what I find.
Thanks for speedy reply. Just to say I've got the streams working on a Panasonic TV in the house, so the streams themselves are fine - it's just the HEOS bit that's not working.

Log attached as suggested.

Many thanks for any help.

(09-12-2016 16:58)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]To understand what is happening, I would need to see a trace log. Please do the following:

1) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
2) In the log window, change the logging level to Trace
3) Leave the log window open
4) Try to play a radio stream (just one attempt)
5) In the log window, click 'Save as' to save a log file
6) In the log window, change the logging level back to Info
7) Zip the saved log file and attach it to a post here

I will look at the log file and let you know what I find.
Thanks for this log. It shows that MinimServer is sending the following metadata for each radio stream:

Code:
<item id="0$folders$*p0$*c0" parentID="0$folders$*p0" restricted="1">
<dc:title>[R1] BBC Radio 1</dc:title>
<res protocolInfo="http-get:*:audio/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MP3;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000">http://192.168.1.64:9790/minimstreamer/*/R1/$!transcode.mp3</res>
<upnp:class>object.item.audioItem.audioBroadcast</upnp:class>
</item>

The above is fully compliant with the relevant UPNP AV and DLNA specifications.

The HEOS is not sending a request to MinimServer to play the stream, so it appears that there is something in the above that it doesn't like.

The most likely possibilities are:

1) The protocolInfo attribute audio/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MP3;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000

2) The stream URL http://192.168.1.64:9790/minimstreamer/*/R1/$!transcode.mp3

3) The class object.item.audioItem.audioBroadcast

I can't get any further than this without access to a HEOS device. Can you provide this information to HEOS and see what they say?
Hi Simon. I had a midnight brainwave and tried using Bubble Upnp to pick up the streams rather than the HEOS app.... SUCCESS!!
Can hear all the streams and swap between them - very fast loading time. Seems stable so far. I've set transcode to WAV - I guess that's the highest quality (HEOS v1 only supports 16 bit).

I used to work for that bit of the BBC, so I'm very, very pleased to get the high bit rate working. Hope this helps other DENON users, I'll share if I can find relevant places to do so.

Have also made a small donation - thanks for your software and speedy support.
Reference URL's