MinimServer Forum

Full Version: minimwatch wont allow 2 USB drives for content directory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using an external 512GB SDXC drive USB3 attached to my Synology NAS and am now trying to expand to 2 512gb SDXC drives.

Network path of the first drive is
/volumeUSB1/usbshare
The new second drive is
/volumeUSB2/usbshare

Minimwatch won't allow me to add the second path to content directory, gives the error "Directory name conflict; correct highlighted value and retry". How do I get this working so that I can expand and use multiple USB attached SDXC cards with Minimserver and Synology NAS?
The problem is the duplicate 'usbshare' as the last directory in the path. Can you change one of these to a different name? If this name is fixed by Synology, you could add a further directory such as /volumeUSB1/usbshare/music1 and /volumeUSB2/usbshare/music2.
(08-12-2016 08:32)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is the duplicate 'usbshare' as the last directory in the path. Can you change one of these to a different name? If this name is fixed by Synology, you could add a further directory such as /volumeUSB1/usbshare/music1 and /volumeUSB2/usbshare/music2.

I was able to get it working by eliminating "usbshare" from both paths... minimserver then located all media for both. But it is strange that minimwatch cares about duplicate directory name for the child directories when the parent directories are different
(09-12-2016 02:18)davide256 Wrote: [ -> ]I was able to get it working by eliminating "usbshare" from both paths... minimserver then located all media for both. But it is strange that minimwatch cares about duplicate directory name for the child directories when the parent directories are different

This is because the name of the last directory in the path is used internally by MinimServer as a unique identifier for resources associated with this content directory.
Reference URL's