MinimServer Forum

Full Version: disappearing icon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sometimes the Minimwatch icon has disappeared from the menu on my MacBook. Only restarting OSX helps. Any ideas?
This either means you have selected Exit from the MinimWatch menu or MinimWatch has crashed.

You should be able to restart MinimWatch by double-clicking the MinimWatch application in the Applications folder. If this doesn't work, try logging out and logging in again.
No, I have not exited MinimWatch but I can't start de app again, when the icon has disappeared. It sometimes does that, only restarting helps. No messages of crashing. Strange!
It sounds like MinimWatch has crashed. Doing a user logout and login should make MinimWatch usable again.
(03-12-2016 19:28)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like MinimWatch has crashed. Doing a user logout and login should make MinimWatch usable again.
No, I still can do a rescan using the package on my Synology NAS which opens the MinimServer Status page. But the icon in OSX doesn't come back. As MinimServer is still running and this behaviour is after the MacBook awakens from sleep, I assume it has something to do with memory. I can do rescan and viewing the log on my NAS, so I know now what to do.
(05-12-2016 16:53)tomfox Wrote: [ -> ]No, I still can do a rescan using the package on my Synology NAS which opens the MinimServer Status page. But the icon in OSX doesn't come back. As MinimServer is still running and this behaviour is after the MacBook awakens from sleep, I assume it has something to do with memory. I can do rescan and viewing the log on my NAS, so I know now what to do.

There will be a new MinimWatch update soon which might fix this problem. I will let you know when it is available.
Reference URL's