MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver not scanning some music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I have a problem with recent music added to NAS (WAV 24 bit). I get a raft of errors for almost all tracks similar to below when rescanning:

Error: ID3v2 'COMM' frame has invalid size 348 at offset 402 in file Redding, Otis/Otis Redding - The Complete Studio Albums Collection (10 CD)/Disk 1/01 - 008 - Louie Louie-SMR.wav (length 73183788)

Any ideas?
There is a format error in the tags for these files. You might be able to fix this by using a converter program such as dBpoweramp or XLD to do a WAV to WAV conversion. This will rewrite the tags.
(01-12-2016 19:02)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]There is a format error in the tags for these files. You might be able to fix this by using a converter program such as dBpoweramp or XLD to do a WAV to WAV conversion. This will rewrite the tags.

OK I will give it a go. Would converting to FLAC be equally as likely to help?
Many thanks as ever. Christmas donation heading your way before too long :-)
(02-12-2016 21:56)PSAS786 Wrote: [ -> ]OK I will give it a go. Would converting to FLAC be equally as likely to help?

Converting to FLAC should also fix the tagging problem. Try one file or album first to make sure the results are as you expect.
(02-12-2016 22:23)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2016 21:56)PSAS786 Wrote: [ -> ]OK I will give it a go. Would converting to FLAC be equally as likely to help?

Converting to FLAC should also fix the tagging problem. Try one file or album first to make sure the results are as you expect.

Many thanks. I now can view in folder view so great improvement. Searching on Otis or Redding does not find - I cannot see why looking at the tags so might have to live with it - first world problems and all that....
(04-12-2016 19:25)PSAS786 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2016 22:23)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]

Many thanks. I now can view in folder view so great improvement. Searching on Otis or Redding does not find - I cannot see why looking at the tags so might have to live with it - first world problems and all that....

Well not sure if I understand this but if I change the album 'field' of the first track on the album to include the search terms (i.e. Otis Redding in this case then searching finds. With controls Kazoo & Bubble DS.
What tags (apart from ALBUM) contain Otis or Redding? For example, are they in ARTIST or ALBUMARTIST?
Reference URL's