MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Issue with MinimServer not installing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

Having an issue with a colleague's NAS - MinimServer complains that the proper Java is not installed, so it cannot install. The error message is:

Failed to install MinimServer. Click on the Java 8 icon and select Upgrade Java and follow the instructions

The Java 8 installation is updated, and is the newest version as far as we can tell - the same as on my Sinology DS415+ that is working fine - version 8.0.101-0011. (My MinimServer version, working correctly, is 0.8.4.1)

His Synology is a DS215+, DSM version DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 4

If we can find out how to solve this, he will be most appreciative - thanks!
Have you done what the message says? If you do this, Oracle Java will be installed to replaced the default OpenJDK version. See this section for details.
Dear Simon -

I wasn't there, just trying to help him on the phone, and asked him his Java version, which matched mine. Didn't realize his NAS had an ARM processor - since mine is Intel, that is why I never had that issue myself.

Thank you very much! If I had been with him and really went through the message, I would have RTFM and not bothered you ;-)
By the way, is there any advantage to running Oracle Java 8 on my (Intel Atom) Synology DS415+ with regard to MinimServer performance? I know that you wrote the OpenSDK version runs efficiently on an Intel, but...
(28-11-2016 22:09)harmonyrow Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, is there any advantage to running Oracle Java 8 on my (Intel Atom) Synology DS415+ with regard to MinimServer performance? I know that you wrote the OpenSDK version runs efficiently on an Intel, but...

I have compared the performance of OpenJDK and Oracle Java on Intel machines and there is no difference.
Thanks again!
Reference URL's