MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Cannot Get Minimserver Onto My Melco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Simon, I've followed the instructions, made the USB installer drive which seems fine, but cannot get this to install (using a Mac) Here's the logs -

Minimserver-out log
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/awt/Toolkit
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.processAddExportsProperty(LauncherImpl.java:1500)
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.checkModuleProperties(LauncherImpl.java:1245)
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.run(LauncherImpl.java:364)
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.launch(LauncherImpl.java:121)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.jav​a:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.doLaunch(Launcher.java:600)
at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:154)
at com.minimserver.launch.LaunchServer.main(LaunchServer.java:34)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.awt.Toolkit
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at org.jminim.launch.CoreClassLoader.loadClass(CoreClassLoader.java:30)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 11 more

Minimserver-init.log
Creating minimstart.conf file
Creating minimserver.defaults file

minimsetup.log
Expansion drive found
Java 8u112+2+compact3 is installed
Found Java 8u112+2+compact3 on flash drive
MinimServer 0.8.4.3 is installed
Found MinimServer 0.8.4.3 on flash drive
MinimServer setup complete

But then, after leaving drive in place for a couple of hours, switching off and removing USB drive -
Expansion drive not found after 5 seconds

No sign of minimserver on uPnP.
I have found the cause of the problem and I am working on a fix. My apologies for the inconvenience caused.
The fix is available now. You need to create the USB flash drive again using the instructions in this section. When you download the .dmg file. it should be version 0.8.4.4.
My word, you are super efficient Simon! Many thanks for your great help, I shall donate.
Just to let you know, this is now working fine. Many thanks Simon! I'd like to stop the Twonky from loading but can't seem to find a way to do this on the Mac. Some basic instructions would be welcome!
(21-11-2016 09:21)suffolk tony Wrote: [ -> ]Just to let you know, this is now working fine. Many thanks Simon! I'd like to stop the Twonky from loading but can't seem to find a way to do this on the Mac. Some basic instructions would be welcome!

You need to edit the minimserver.options file as per instructions. The file is locked on the Mac so make a copy, edit that with textedit then rename the copy to the minimserver.options. It worked for me on the original release.
Simon, is the 0.8.4.4 release automatically updated from 0.8.4.3 on the N1A or will I have to do it manually?
(21-11-2016 10:05)beckphotonik Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-11-2016 09:21)suffolk tony Wrote: [ -> ]Just to let you know, this is now working fine. Many thanks Simon! I'd like to stop the Twonky from loading but can't seem to find a way to do this on the Mac. Some basic instructions would be welcome!

You need to edit the minimserver.options file as per instructions. The file is locked on the Mac so make a copy, edit that with textedit then rename the copy to the minimserver.options. It worked for me on the original release.
Thanks beckphotonik, that's worked fine.
(21-11-2016 10:11)beckphotonik Wrote: [ -> ]Simon, is the 0.8.4.4 release automatically updated from 0.8.4.3 on the N1A or will I have to do it manually?

The update would need to be done manually. However, you don't need to install 0.8.4.4 if you are already on the latest automatic update level (update 88) because update 88 contains the same change as 0.8.4.4.
(21-11-2016 10:35)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-11-2016 10:11)beckphotonik Wrote: [ -> ]Simon, is the 0.8.4.4 release automatically updated from 0.8.4.3 on the N1A or will I have to do it manually?

The update would need to be done manually. However, you don't need to install 0.8.4.4 if you are already on the latest automatic update level (update 88) because update 88 contains the same change as 0.8.4.4.

Thanks Simon.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's