MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Cannot install or un-install Minimserver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I discovered Minimserver had disappeared from the network. I have it running on a 64 bit Windows 7 PC.

Checking the PC, there is no icon for Minimserver. I attempted to re-install, but was informed that Minimserver was already running and that I would have to stop it to re-install. Checking installed programs within Control Panel, Minismserver 0.8.4 is shown as installed. However Task Manager, the web page n.n.n.n:9790 and minimwatch all show the server is not running. I have tried safe mode to un-install with the same result. Also Minimserver is switched off in start-up under System Configuration.

Very baffling. Any thoughts?
Resolved. I had to create a new administrator account. I was able to un-install and re-install from the parallel administrator account. A bit bizarre.
(14-10-2016 16:44)Arbie19 Wrote: [ -> ]Today I discovered Minimserver had disappeared from the network. I have it running on a 64 bit Windows 7 PC.

Checking the PC, there is no icon for Minimserver. I attempted to re-install, but was informed that Minimserver was already running and that I would have to stop it to re-install. Checking installed programs within Control Panel, Minismserver 0.8.4 is shown as installed. However Task Manager, the web page n.n.n.n:9790 and minimwatch all show the server is not running. I have tried safe mode to un-install with the same result. Also Minimserver is switched off in start-up under System Configuration.

Very baffling. Any thoughts?

The check for "already running" is not as accurate as it could be. It looks for the existence of a minimserver.config.lock file and this file might be present if MinimServer has crashed for some reason. The file is located in the folder

C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\MinimServer\data

and deleting this file will solve the problem. When you installed from a different account, the value of your-user-name was different, so the install was successful.
Hi,
thanks for the speedy reply. It certainly seemed like a file lock. The file location you gave came up in a registry search, and would probably be my next port of call.

Thanks again.
Reference URL's