MinimServer Forum

Full Version: unable to install minim server on Synology DS216play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used Minimserver on a iMac. Now i stalled a Synology DS216Play. I want to use Minimserver on the nas. The installation stopped with the following log file:
/volume1/@appstore/MinimServer/minim.sh: line 34: /var/packages/Java8/target/j2sdk-image/jre/bin/java: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
What to do?
(14-10-2016 10:22)hansbx Wrote: [ -> ]I used Minimserver on a iMac. Now i stalled a Synology DS216Play. I want to use Minimserver on the nas. The installation stopped with the following log file:
/volume1/@appstore/MinimServer/minim.sh: line 34: /var/packages/Java8/target/j2sdk-image/jre/bin/java: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
What to do?

Did you update Synology Java to Oracle Java? If so, you have probably downloaded the wrong version of Oracle Java for your NAS. What is the exact name of the Oracle Java file that you downloaded?
Yes, i updated Java. The exact name of the Oracle Java is:

ejdk-8u101-fcs-b13-linux-armv6-vfp-hflt-21_jun_2016.tar

I put it in a newly made folder, called 'public'. But when installing Java SE Embedded 8 on the Synology i get the message:

'Unable tot install Java.
Java binary bundle not found. I was expecting the file /volume1/public/edjk-8u101-linux-armv6-vfp-hfit.tar.gz. Please agree... etc"

Thanx for your quick response.
(excuse my bad English. I live in The Netherlands)
Hans
You should not be installing Java SE Embedded 8. See this section for details of the correct installation procedure.
Thanks a lot. I have music on the Naim app!
Reference URL's