MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Ubuntu upgrade from 0.8.3 to 0.8.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running minimserver on a headless ubuntu server and am about to upgrade from 0.8.3 to 0.8.4.

What do I need to do to keep my current settings when I install the new minimserver?

I have already downloaded and extracted the tarball. It looks like the path to start minserver is the same, so it should start if I copy the new files over the old.

Can I just make a copy of minimserver.config from the data folder and put in the new minimserver/data folder?
(08-10-2016 10:51)Mike1878 Wrote: [ -> ]I am running minimserver on a headless ubuntu server and am about to upgrade from 0.8.3 to 0.8.4.

What do I need to do to keep my current settings when I install the new minimserver?

I have already downloaded and extracted the tarball. It looks like the path to start minserver is the same, so it should start if I copy the new files over the old.

Can I just make a copy of minimserver.config from the data folder and put in the new minimserver/data folder?

You shouldn't do any of the things you have suggested. Instead, you should follow the instructions for updating MinimServer in this section.
(08-10-2016 12:33)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2016 10:51)Mike1878 Wrote: [ -> ]I am running minimserver on a headless ubuntu server and am about to upgrade from 0.8.3 to 0.8.4.

You shouldn't do any of the things you have suggested. Instead, you should follow the instructions for updating MinimServer in this section.

As always, thanks for the help. At least I asked before I made a mess of it. However, lesson learned, read properly before going ahead!
Reference URL's