MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Strange behavior. Minimserver on Win10 PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Set up a Minimserver on Win10 PC for use with Linn DS at shop.
Worked as expected. No glitches.

Shut down PC; bring it and DS home.
Everything looks great--until trying to play something.
-The Library appears showing all albums.
-The Main Room appears.
-Settings are as expected.
-Network for PC and DS are the same.
But.
Load an album, any album, any track, multiple tracks into Playlist window.
Press PLAY, and the DS starts at Track 1 and steps through, one by one, not getting them. And no sound of course.
This happens with any album or track chosen so far. Even ones we played here.

Rescan via Minimwatch. Which quit/relaunched Minimserver.
Still no go.
Uninstall Minimserver and Minimwatch. Download new. Reinstall. No go.

Funny that the new installation had the contentDir path pre-filled as if some info is being stored somewhere on the PC. First time, had to enter it manually.
Could it me storing track location data from the successful installation at the outset?

Anyone ever experience this?

THanks,
Tom
The MinimServer configuration settings are stored on the PC and are not removed when you uninstall MinimServer. This shouldn't cause any problems.

I'm not sure why you have MinimWatch installed as well as MinimServer. If you are running MinimServer on a PC, MinimWatch should not be needed.

The problem sounds like it might be related to your network setup. Which control point are you using? How are the PC, DS and control point connected to your home network?
(28-09-2016 19:24)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The MinimServer configuration settings are stored on the PC and are not removed when you uninstall MinimServer. This shouldn't cause any problems.

I'm not sure why you have MinimWatch installed as well as MinimServer. If you are running MinimServer on a PC, MinimWatch should not be needed.

The problem sounds like it might be related to your network setup. Which control point are you using? How are the PC, DS and control point connected to your home network?

The Win10PC is running Linn Kazoo as control point. The music files, the server, and Kazoo are all running the same PC. The DS is wired to router; the PC is WiFi.

As stated, it all worked fine at one location, but not the other, and nothing changed between here and there.

Where are Minim setting stored on the PC?

[As an aside, I also have Minimserver running on my Macbook, as well as Minimwatch (Since I needed it for the NAS) and I have two Minims in the toolbar at top of screen. As far as I can tell, is the "Control Panel" for the server. But rescan is automatic on the Macbook.]
So, it appears that when control point directs the DS to play a track, any track, the location information sent is incorrect and the DS moves on the the next track.
Is it still somehow storing location info from the first installation?
Could that contentDir spec reflect info from the first installation? It appears not to be so, since the albums all appear on the control point.
What is the IP address of the DS? Please try setting the MinimServer ohnet.subnet property to the subnet that matches this address. For example, if the DS is at address 192.168.1.12, the matching subnet would be 192.168.1.0. After doing this, restart MinimServer.

If you would like to try deleting the saved settings, locate the folder
C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\MinimServer\data
and delete all the files in this folder. I don't think this will make any difference to the problem you are having (unless ohnet.subnet is set in your saved properties).
(28-09-2016 20:40)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]What is the IP address of the DS? Please try setting the MinimServer ohnet.subnet property to the subnet that matches this address. For example, if the DS is at address 192.168.1.12, the matching subnet would be 192.168.1.0. After doing this, restart MinimServer.

If you would like to try deleting the saved settings, locate the folder
C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\MinimServer\data
and delete all the files in this folder. I don't think this will make any difference to the problem you are having (unless ohnet.subnet is set in your saved properties).

DS 10.0.0.7
PC 10.0.0.5

Will look for that data folder. THanks.
(28-09-2016 21:04)glainc Wrote: [ -> ]DS 10.0.0.7
PC 10.0.0.5

Try setting ohnet.subnet (in MinimServer, not MinimWatch) to 10.0.0.0 and restarting MinimServer. This might solve the problem.
(28-09-2016 21:53)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-09-2016 21:04)glainc Wrote: [ -> ]DS 10.0.0.7
PC 10.0.0.5

Try setting ohnet.subnet (in MinimServer, not MinimWatch) to 10.0.0.0 and restarting MinimServer. This might solve the problem.

Thanks, but I have no idea how to do that. Is this a PC/WIn10 issue? I've never had to do such a thing with my Macbook.
(28-09-2016 22:20)glainc Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, but I have no idea how to do that. Is this a PC/WIn10 issue? I've never had to do such a thing with my Macbook.

1) Right-click the MinimServer minim icon in the Windows system tray and select Properties
2) In the Properties window, select the System tab
3) In the ohnet.subnet field, type: 10.0.0.0
4) Click OK
5) Right-click the MinimServer minim icon in the Windows system tray and select Restart
(28-09-2016 22:23)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-09-2016 22:20)glainc Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, but I have no idea how to do that. Is this a PC/WIn10 issue? I've never had to do such a thing with my Macbook.

1) Right-click the MinimServer minim icon in the Windows system tray and select Properties
2) In the Properties window, select the System tab
3) In the ohnet.subnet field, type: 10.0.0.0
4) Click OK
5) Right-click the MinimServer minim icon in the Windows system tray and select Restart

Thanks, I'll give it a go and report back.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's