MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Up to date or not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

When i look in the properties i can see that i am running
- Minimserver 0.8.3 update 88
- Minimstreamer 0.5.25
It also says that all packages are up to date.

But yesterday i got a pop message saying that this version wouldn't be supported anymore. So i am confused now: am i running the latest version or not. In the properties autoupdate is set 'true'.

thanks for any help
Sebastien
(26-09-2016 05:16)sebassie Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

When i look in the properties i can see that i am running
- Minimserver 0.8.3 update 88
- Minimstreamer 0.5.25
It also says that all packages are up to date.

But yesterday i got a pop message saying that this version wouldn't be supported anymore. So i am confused now: am i running the latest version or not. In the properties autoupdate is set 'true'.

thanks for any help
Sebastien

Please see this thread http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...p?tid=3544

If you are not using a QNAP, you need to follow the appropriate process for your server.
(26-09-2016 07:00)Peter@57m Wrote: [ -> ]Please see this thread http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...p?tid=3544

If you are not using a QNAP, you need to follow the appropriate process for your server.

Thanks Peter!
I have a Synology DS212+. But i can't find the thread for this server?
(27-09-2016 08:03)sebassie Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-09-2016 07:00)Peter@57m Wrote: [ -> ]Please see this thread http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...p?tid=3544

Thanks Peter!
I have a Synology DS212+. But i can't find the thread for this server?

Not sure if there is a thread about this but there is something in the manual - see this link http://minimserver.com/install-synology.html

About half way down are the following instructions with working links to the appropriate files

Installing or updating MinimServer

Use the following steps to install or update MinimServer on your Synology NAS.

Download the file MinimServer-0.8.4.2-intel.spk (for Synology models with an Intel processor), MinimServer-0.8.4.2-armv7.spk (for Synology models with an ARMv7 processor), MinimServer-0.8.4.2-armv5.spk (for Synology models with an ARMv5 processor) or MinimServer-0.8.4.2-ppc.spk (for Synology models with a PowerPC processor) from the Downloads page. For a list of models and processor types, see the Installing Java section.
Important: If you're running DSM 5.1 or later, make sure the Package Center Trust Level is set to 'Any publisher'.
From the Package Center, click the 'Manual Install' button. When prompted to select a file, browse to the .spk file that you have downloaded and double-click this file, then click the Next button.
Accept the License Agreement and click Next.
Check the box "Run after installation" and click Apply.
If installation was successful, the MinimServer icon should appear in the DSM main menu. If an error occurred, you will see a notification message. You might need to look in the system log for more details about what caused the error.
Click on the MinimServer icon in the main menu. This should display the MinimServer status page in your browser.
If this a new installation of MinimServer, you need to enter a content directory. This is the location on your Synology NAS where your music files are located. Follow the instructions on this page to use File Station to obtain the correct directory name and copy and paste it into the "Content directory" field on the status page. After you have pasted the content directory location, click the Update button.
MinimServer will now scan all the music files under the content directory. Depending on how many music files you have, this might take some time. When this scan starts, the media server status on the MinimServer status page will change from Stopped to Starting. You can refresh the status page in your browser to see how the scan is progressing. When the scan is complete, the status will change to Running if the scan completed successfully or Error if a problem occurred.
If the MinimServer status page is showing the media server status as Running, you should be able to see your MinimServer library in a UPnP AV control point.
@Peter

Given the origin of your forum handle, could that last be described as an 'in depth' answer? Smile

David
(27-09-2016 13:10)DavidHB Wrote: [ -> ]@Peter

Given the origin of your forum handle, could that last be described as an 'in depth' answer? Smile

David

I didn't realise I'd divulged the origin of the handle, but you are correct it's Peter at 57 metres Rolleyes

I was on a dive boat (live aboard) which provided you with a mail system and that was the email id I used. Same one on Linn forum, eBay etc.
(27-09-2016 17:07)Peter@57m Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't realise I'd divulged the origin of the handle, but you are correct it's Peter at 57 metres Rolleyes

I was on a dive boat (live aboard) which provided you with a mail system and that was the email id I used. Same one on Linn forum, eBay etc.

Quite so. I don't think I'm allowed to reveal my source, but if you follow my posts on the Linn forum (same name there too), I expect that you will not find it hard to guess ... Smile

I have a daughter who dives, or rather she did until the arrival of the little one, whose current depth rating is about six inches for five seconds ... Smile

David
(27-09-2016 21:07)DavidHB Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-09-2016 17:07)Peter@57m Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't realise I'd divulged the origin of the handle, but you are correct it's Peter at 57 metres Rolleyes

Quite so. I don't think I'm allowed to reveal my source, but if you follow my posts on the Linn forum (same name there too), I expect that you will not find it hard to guess ... Smile

I have a daughter who dives, or rather she did until the arrival of the little one, whose current depth rating is about six inches for five seconds ... Smile

David

Ah, why did I think that link was Hidden from me?
(27-09-2016 21:23)Peter@57m Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, why did I think that link was Hidden from me?

Because you needed to take a Systems approach to the problem ... Smile

David
(27-09-2016 09:32)Peter@57m Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if there is a thread about this but there is something in the manual - see this link http://minimserver.com/install-synology.html

About half way down are the following instructions with working links to the appropriate files

Installing or updating MinimServer

Use the following steps to install or update MinimServer on your Synology NAS.

Download the file MinimServer-0.8.4.2-intel.spk (for Synology models with an Intel processor), MinimServer-0.8.4.2-armv7.spk (for Synology models with an ARMv7 processor), MinimServer-0.8.4.2-armv5.spk (for Synology models with an ARMv5 processor) or MinimServer-0.8.4.2-ppc.spk (for Synology models with a PowerPC processor) from the Downloads page. For a list of models and processor types, see the Installing Java section.
Important: If you're running DSM 5.1 or later, make sure the Package Center Trust Level is set to 'Any publisher'.
From the Package Center, click the 'Manual Install' button. When prompted to select a file, browse to the .spk file that you have downloaded and double-click this file, then click the Next button.
Accept the License Agreement and click Next.
Check the box "Run after installation" and click Apply.
If installation was successful, the MinimServer icon should appear in the DSM main menu. If an error occurred, you will see a notification message. You might need to look in the system log for more details about what caused the error.
Click on the MinimServer icon in the main menu. This should display the MinimServer status page in your browser.
If this a new installation of MinimServer, you need to enter a content directory. This is the location on your Synology NAS where your music files are located. Follow the instructions on this page to use File Station to obtain the correct directory name and copy and paste it into the "Content directory" field on the status page. After you have pasted the content directory location, click the Update button.
MinimServer will now scan all the music files under the content directory. Depending on how many music files you have, this might take some time. When this scan starts, the media server status on the MinimServer status page will change from Stopped to Starting. You can refresh the status page in your browser to see how the scan is progressing. When the scan is complete, the status will change to Running if the scan completed successfully or Error if a problem occurred.
If the MinimServer status page is showing the media server status as Running, you should be able to see your MinimServer library in a UPnP AV control point.

Thanks a lot Peter; i completely missed that part...
Reference URL's