MinimServer Forum

Full Version: New Install, Windows 10, Windows Firewall block
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When installing Java/Minimserver I got a Windows Firewall message saying it's blocked Java™ Platform SE so I clicked to allow Private networks (rightly or wrongly!). It's popped up again showing the Private (ticked) and grayed out, after running minimwatch for a rescan after updates to my music, and it's citing javaw.exe
Have you just installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607)? I was getting a problem like this with the Windows firewall after installing updates to both Windows and Java. A restart fixed the problem.

Later, as an experiment, I deleted all the 'Inbound' rules relating to Java SE Binary in the Windows Firewall advanced settings. When I attempted to open MinimWatch, I got the same message as you. Allowing the exception only produced the grey (disconnected) MinimWatch icon, but closing and restarting MininimWatch produced the green icon and resolved the problem.

David
Reference URL's