MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Sorting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question about the sorting syntax.

Currently, MinimServer sorts songs from an album by track numbers if the artist is the same for all songs.

If there are various artists on the same album, the playlist is sorted alphabetically by artist and not track number.

What would be the syntax to always sort an album by track number (if present), independent of artists?

As tagOptions I am using this currently: "Album.sortTags={Album, Artist}, Artist.ignore.sort={The, Die}, folder.sortTags={Artist, Album, Tracknumber, Title}, Artist.reverseName.display.index", which does most of what I want, except ignoring track numbers when there are various artist on one album.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Are you seeing this problem only in folder view? If so, it is caused by your setting of folder.sortTags={Artist, Album, Tracknumber, Title}. To sort tracks by track number in folder view, you should remove this setting.
(06-08-2016 07:02)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Are you seeing this problem only in folder view? If so, it is caused by your setting of folder.sortTags={Artist, Album, Tracknumber, Title}. To sort tracks by track number in folder view, you should remove this setting.
Yes, it is in folder view. I removed it and it works now. Thank you.

PS: Folder view remains my favourite way to locate music, so I hope there will be an option one day to rearrange the order and move it up.
Reference URL's