MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Missing albums after adding new albums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,
I am running MinimServer on my QNAP and have not had this problem before.
I recently added 10 albums with 128 tracks to my library.
Before adding the new albums I had 1958 albums and 24389 tracks.
After adding the new albums I have 1966 albums and 24517 tracks.
The number of tracks is correct 24389 + 128 = 24517.
The number of albums is not correct.
Starting count 1958 adding 10 should be 1968 but the album count is only 1966 so 2 albums seem to be missing.
Since the number of tracks is correct I think it could be related to Album Merging.
I checked Album Merging but I can not seem to find any hints as to why this is happening.

I have restarted MinimServer with the startupScan full option to ignore the cache but the numbers keep coming up the same.

Is it possible to export the list of Albums and tracks to an Excel file?

Is it possible to see in the log if albums are merged?

Any ideas as to how I can troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,
Chip
(31-07-2016 10:54)chip Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas as to how I can troubleshoot this problem?

Well presumably you know which 10 albums you added, so that cuts down the range of possibilities. You really need to look at the 'Albums and Folders' section of this page of the User Guide, which clearly describes how MinimServer defines 'Albums'.

Then look at your 10 new albums in a tag editor (I'd recommend MP3Tag if you are using Windows, or XLD or PuddleTag on other platforms), and make sure that all the tracks on each of them have the correct Album Title tag. Putting each album in its own folder and giving each track the correct Album name usually solves this problem.

David
In response to David.

My folder structure is:
/share/multimedia/music/CD/<ALBUMARTIST>/<ALBUM>
or
/share/multimedia/music/HiRes/<ALBUMARTIST>/<ALBUM>

The main share is on "/share/multimedia" and the access control carries through to all folders and subfolders below the main share.
The new albums were added to the HiRes subfolder.

I do know exactly the 10 albums and 128 tracks I uploaded.
I can use Kinsky or BubbleUPnP to see the new additions in the MinimServer library.
I have the 10 albums and 128 tracks that were added.
Both control point applications report the same number of albums and tracks.

I have confirmed that all tracks within the album folder have the same Album Name. I also use MP3Tag to edit all my rips and downloads.

I have read through the page discussing how an album is determined.
Since I am organized by CD or HiRes followed by artist/album and I can look at the artist folder structure and see the albums I am confused how something has gone wrong.
The only thing I can think of is merging albums but I can not see how that is happening from my folder organization. I understand that merging takes place when the album folders containing tracks are in the same Artist folder.
I do not read that the merging process will work across folders.
Even if one of the HiRes downloads were in the CD folder it should not merge since they are several folders apart.

So far everything checks out as expected except the album count.

Still hoping for answers,
Chip
(01-08-2016 13:19)chip Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing I can think of is merging albums but I can not see how that is happening from my folder organization. I understand that merging takes place when the album folders containing tracks are in the same Artist folder.
I do not read that the merging process will work across folders.
Even if one of the HiRes downloads were in the CD folder it should not merge since they are several folders apart.

MinimServer has no notion of Artist folders. If you have CD and HiRes versions of the same album in different folders, these could be merged (depending on your property settings and tagging) unless you have used a match filter to prevent this. See this section for details.
Hi,

I have MinimServer Property 'mergeFolderAlbums' set to 'false' on the Server tab.
Should this setting prevent all or any merging?

Do I need to have the Match filter on both folders or will putting a Match filter one folder be good enough?

Is it possible to get a list of Albums out of MinimServer? Preferably in a text file or Excel?

Thank you,
Chip
(01-08-2016 21:24)chip Wrote: [ -> ]I have MinimServer Property 'mergeFolderAlbums' set to 'false' on the Server tab.
Should this setting prevent all or any merging?

In this case, only multi-disc albums will be merged across folders.

Quote:Do I need to have the Match filter on both folders or will putting a Match filter one folder be good enough?

To prevent merging, just one is OK.

Quote:Is it possible to get a list of Albums out of MinimServer? Preferably in a text file or Excel?

No, this isn't possible. However, you can get a list of all tags (see this section) and look in this list for ALBUM= lines.
(02-08-2016 08:54)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2016 21:24)chip Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to get a list of Albums out of MinimServer? Preferably in a text file or Excel?

No, this isn't possible. However, you can get a list of all tags (see this section) and look in this list for ALBUM= lines.

I am trying to get this to work but having some problems.

MinimWatch > MinimServer properties > Advanced tab
writeAllTags = /share/Public/AllTags
Apply > Close dialogue

MinimWatch > Restart
Restarting
Starting
Running

I then check the server folder /share/Public/ but I do not see the AllTags file.
Where does this file get created and stored?
Is it a special format? txt, log, XML?
You need to do a Rescan, not Restart.
(02-08-2016 17:38)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]You need to do a Rescan, not Restart.

Hi Simon,
I have run the rescan and I now have the AllTag file.
It is interesting but does really help me much since.
I actually have fewer entries in ALBUM= than I have albums showing in Kinsky.
I can understand this if the album name is the same for different artist.

I am still looking for a way to see the results of the database scan by MinimServer when it creates its library.

Can an audit report be run with any other tool that could give me a list of the MinimServer Library?

Thanks,
Chip
(03-08-2016 09:10)chip Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,
I have run the rescan and I now have the AllTag file.
It is interesting but does really help me much since.
I actually have fewer entries in ALBUM= than I have albums showing in Kinsky.
I can understand this if the album name is the same for different artist.

I am still looking for a way to see the results of the database scan by MinimServer when it creates its library.

Can an audit report be run with any other tool that could give me a list of the MinimServer Library?

Thanks,
Chip

The best way to see this is to use a UPnP control point and select the # albums choice. This shows a complete list of all the albums that MinimServer has found.

For a large number of albums, it might be more convenient to use the alphaGroup property to group the albums by their initial letters.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's